The AquaMotion Recirculation Systems are the perfect retrofit solution for hot water quickly. As many homeowners know, you can turn on the faucet and wait for the water to heat up for a very long time - sometimes more than 2 or 3 minutes. Typically, with tankless hot water heaters, the wait time may not be as long but no matter how long, that waiting time is literally washing away gallons of wasted, good, clean water not to mention energy. Simply put, hot water recirculation saves cooled water from being dumped down the drain while waiting for hot water. Hot water cools once you turn off your water. Lukewarm water in the hot pipe is bypassed into the cold supply line. A pump, sensor, switch and bypass valve provide automatic operation so that there is always hot water at the sink.
Aqua-Shield was designed for exterior installation on outdoor tankless water heaters without a built-in pump. It is enclosed in a rain, sprinkler and insect resistant case. It also has an anti-tampering locking device tab. The Aqua-Shield AquaMotion AMH1K-7ODRXZT1 Circulator is for outdoor installation on a tankless water heater. It installs on a single pipe, tankless hot water heater system without a built-in pump. It is for use with up to 250 ft of total pipe length. Additionally, the flow requirement for use is .5GPM or less.
The AquaMotion AMH1K-7ODRXZT1 kit includes:
- AM7-SU1LXZT1 Stainless Union Circulator with 3/4″ Male Tailpieces with outdoor enclosure, water, sprinkler, bug, freeze protected, anti-tampering locking device tab, built-in timer, 10 ft. line cord, pump bypass connection, check, flow control, hose, bypass Tee 3/4″ FNPT x 3/4″ MNPT x 3/8″ OD Compression
- AMK-ODR under-sink valve kit - Bypass valve, hose, Tee. Valve maintains 95° F.
bypass valve kit is a perfect solution if the home has plumbing that tees off the main line and goes to other fixtures. The valve is normally installed at the faucet that is furthest away from the hot water tankless heater. If there are separate hot water branches in the residence, additional valves may be required.
Here is a quick reference to confirm that the AMH1K-7ODRXZT1 hot water recirculator will work for your needs:
- You DO NOT have a Dedicated Return Line
- You have an OUTDOOR Tankless Hot Water Heater
- You DO NOT have space and power under your sink
AquaMotion - Designed, Built and Tested in the US. AquaMotion pumps are covered by a 3 year limited warranty. Please email us at info@AquaMotionHVAC.com and we will work with you to troubleshoot any problems you may have with your AquaMotion Pump.