It is not much to look at but this set is an interface adapter that is required to connect an indoor unit to a wired remote controller. It is a required interface for use with 18K and 24K FTX and FTK Indoor units when connecting the wall unit to the Daikin AZAI6WSCDKB DKN Cloud WiFi adaptor. Adding this adaptor provides the S21 protocol required for the DKN WiFi Adaptor to communicate with your unit.
This interface provides the S21 protocol that allows for functionality of the DKN Cloud WiFi Adaptor for the FTX and FTK 18K and 24K indoor units.
In addition to the DKN Cloud adaptor, it is also compatible with other Controllers:
- BRC944B2 - Wired Controller
- KRP928BB2S - RA Interface Adaptor for DIII-Net
- KRP413AB1S - Wiring Adaptor for Timer Clock / Remote Controller
- BRP072A43 - Wireless LAN Connect Adaptor (Includes an adaptor for wired controllers)
* Additional cable (BRCW901A08/ DACA-BRCW901P10/ DACA-BRCW901P25) is needed if both BRC944B2 and KRP928BB2S are connected. (The Wired Remote Controller Kit BRC944B2-A08 includes both BRCW901A08 and the BRCW901A08.)
This interface allows for the following modes and functions when used in combination with KRP413AB1S or KRP928BB2S:
This interface does NOT support the following functions when used in combination with KRP413AB1S or KRP928BB2S:
- Starting and stopping the air conditioner and making mode and temperature settings in the air conditioner through the wired remote controller (within a range of 18˚C to 32˚C while in cooling mode, 14˚C to 30˚C while in heating mode, but no temperature settings while in ventilation mode).
- Monitoring the operating conditions, occurrence of errors, and contents of errors of the air conditioner through the wired remote controller.
- Restoring the operating condition of the air conditioner to the previous condition at the time of power recovery in case of power failure.
- Group control (i.e., the control a number of indoor units through a single remote controller)
- Monitoring of the following items:
- Indoor temperature and operating conditions of thermo, compressor, indoor fan, electric heater, and humidifier
- Control of the following items:
- Forced thermo OFF, filter sign display and reset, and air-conditioner charge management
- Energy-saving reference, low-noise reference, and demand reference