Good air is essential to a clean, comfortable, and healthy living environment. Aprilaire's E-Series delivers professional grade dehumidification for your entire home. The E080 is an Energy Star Rated dehumidifier that is perfect for use in basements, crawl spaces or as a whole house dehumidifier. It helps to fight viruses, bacteria and mold as well as other airborne pollutants that develop in damp environments. Additionally, decreasing the humidity levels in your home also helps to protect you from mildew and even furniture and wood warping. Adding a whole house dehumidifier also helps to ensure a balanced environment in your home helping to keep your furnace and air conditioner from working overtime, saving you money in the long run.
High humidity levels tend to make you feel uncomfortable, making warm temperatures feel hotter and cool temperatures feel colder. A whole-house dehumidifier works to adjust the air in your home to a consistently comfortable level without having to overuse your heating and cooling units, ultimately saving money and energy. Humid areas are also prone to mold and mildew but, once you have your humidity levels under control, the air in your home will be safer to breathe.
A blower inside the dehumidifier draws air in, filters the air and removes the moisture, then discharges the clean, dry air through your HVAC system or into a dedicated area of your home (such as the basement or crawl space). The condensed moisture is directed into the drain pan and then to a tube or hose that is routed to the floor drain or condensate pump (not included). The unit should be places as close to the flor drain for the shortest run, if possible. This process helps to ensure the circulation of good air throughout your home.
Because the Aprilaire E080 Dehumidifier can be installed as part of your home's existing heating and cooling system, you won't even know it is there. And maintenance is easy too, requiring you to simply clean the on-board air filter just once a year. The E080 will remove up to 80 pints of moisture per day. It is recommended that this unit be used in spaces that are up to 4400 sq. ft. - perfect for smaller homes and basements.
- Recognized as the Most Efficient - ENERGY STAR 2021
- Removes up to 80 pints (10 gallons) of moisture per day
- Humidity Control between 40% and 80% for your ideal comfort level
- Reduces proliferation of airborne viruses
- Built to last with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils in the U.S.A. by Aprilaire, the leader in indoor air quality solutions
- Helps prevent mold, termites, structural wood rot and odors
- No water try to empty and easy to set up - just place the hose or place dehumidifier over a drain, level it, plug it in, set the target humidity and you’re done
- Set it and forget it control automatically starts dehumidification when humidity above target is sensed
- Built-in Digital Controls with top and front mounting options for easy access
- External Control with Optional Accessories such as the Model 76 (controls humidity only), 8620 or 8910 (integrates dehumidification and thermostat controls) are available separately
- Corrosion-resistant coils
- Air Discharge Orientation: Top or Rear
- Inlet/Outlet Duct Collars: 10" diameter
- Duct Options: Flex Duct or Hard Pipe - allows for multiple installation options - can be installed into crawl spaces, attics, basements for "freestanding" operation with dedicated targets in your living spaces or ducted to your HVAC equipment
- Backdraft Damper at Outlet: Included
- Electrical Requirements:
- Voltage: 115v
- Amp Draw: 5.1 Amps
- Plug type: NEMA 5-15P Standard Plug
- Cord Size: 8'
- Hardwire option: Yes, Field Convertible