The 4" round vent pipe is used for many single wall pipe, horizontal vent exhaust applications. It can be used with natural gas or liquid propane, Category III appliances.
This vent pipe is a 4 inch round / 24 inch long rigid pipe, using Category III Stainless Steel. This piping is UL 1738 / AL 29-4C rated. Additional lengths can be added for longer lengths. Although Z-Flex single wall pipe is cuttable
with a hacksaw using a carbon steel blade for shorter lengths, it is recommended to use adjustable pipe to avoid cutting a vent pipe. However, if you decide to cut the pipe, at least 2" is required to connect your piping together. Additionally, you will need to file down the rough edge for an appropriate seal. Care must be taken not to cut your pipe too short.
Some appliances that use Category III Stainless Steel Single Wall Piping include:
- Unit Heaters
- Hi-Efficiency Gas Appliances (including furnaces and water heaters)
- Engineered for use with Category II, III and IV gas-burning appliances only, where the maximum vent gas temperature at the appliance outlet does not exceed 550°F (288°C).
This venting requires 3” clearance to combustibles.
- Gasketed connections
- UL 1738 Rated
- Fusion welded pipe seams
- No sealant required, no cure time, or no call backs
- Air tight seam, smooth finish, better fit
- Metallic special gas vent cut to length on site
- Highest pressure rating in the industry greater than five time the industry standard
Always check your local codes before installing any vented appliance.
Actual pipe length is 9.75". This length includes the 2" required for insertion into the female, self-sealing gasket, end of the connecting pipe. The completed length of this pipe is 11.75"