Reznor heaters have a long-established reputation for quality heat in a variety of applications. The UEZ Series unit heaters were built to improve upon Reznor’s already excellent technology, and feature better efficiency, easier installation, and a new design both in and out.
Boasting thermal efficiency ratings from 91% up to a 93%, Reznor’s UEZ heaters are the most efficient unit heaters. Available in four sizes (131,000 - 310,000 BTUH), these heaters are approved for use in commercial settings only, including warehouses, professional garages, and other industrial spaces.
A defining feature of the UEZ models is their design as separated combustion heaters, meaning that the air used for combustion is pulled in from the outside or another room. This process helps ensure that all air introduced to the inside of the heater is fresh and free of harmful particulates, making these heaters particularly useful in settings where chemicals are stored or frequently used, and/or humidity levels tend to be high.
These heaters are easy to install, secured in place from 4 suspension points. Electrical set-up is easy as well, with a low-voltage terminal strip on the outside of the cabinet that makes connecting control wiring simple with no panels to remove. All units also have a factory installed gas line nipple to the exterior of the cabinet, for easy gas service connection. These units also require installation of a specially designed combustion air/vent system, including the unique concentric adapter box that allows for only one building penetration for both the vent and combustion air.
Reznor has made improvements to both the ins and outs of their new UEZ heaters, for better performance and quality of use. The UEZ separated combustion unit heaters feature a TCore³ 409 stainless steel primary heat exchanger and MacroChannel design on the secondary heat exchanger for easier maintenance. The secondary heat exchanger has a 1/2" PVC pipe for attaching a coupling, for easily installing and cleaning the required condensate drain. A 4" PVC cleanout cap (pre-drilled and tapped for 1/2" NPT fitting) is also included. Outwardly, Reznor has developed a sleeker design in white and black powder-coat with a red accent louver. In the new design, the edges and corners have been rounded and there are no visible screws or fasteners. In addition to the logo on the front of the unit, the Reznor logo is also embossed on the bottom of the unit.
Other features include:
- 93% Thermal efficient
- 50-60°F Rise range
- Ships Standard for Natural Gas (LP Conversion Kit Included).
- Tcore³ 409 stainless steel heat exchanger with extruded aluminum MacroChannel secondary heat exchanger
- 115/1/60 Supply voltage
- 115 Volt open fan motor with internal overload protection
- Transformer for 24-volt controls
- Multi-try direct ignition with 100% lockout
- Integrated circuit board with 7 segment display
- Fan relay (included on the circuit board)
- Single-stage natural gas valve
- Vibration/noise isolated fan motor
- Sealed control compartment houses all electrical components
- 48 frame, ball bearing, PSC venter motor
- 4-point Suspension
- Built-in disconnect switch (20A @ 115V Rating)
- External terminal strip for 24-volt wiring
- Sealed junction box for supply wiring
- External gas connection
- Fully gasketed door panel with safety door switch
- Full fan guard ~ engineered for safety
- Approved for installation in the United States and Canada by ETL