Reznor heaters have a long-established reputation for quality heat in a variety of applications. The new UDZ Series unit heaters were built to improve upon Reznor’s already excellent technology, and feature better efficiency, easier installation, and a new design both in and out.
Boasting an impressive 82 - 83% thermal efficiency, Reznor’s UDZ heaters provide a high-quality heat performance and are available in several sizes to suit a range of heating needs. The 30,000 - 120,000 BTU models are all approved for use in commercial settings as well as attached residential garages, including this unit, the UDZ-30 (30,000 BTU), which is ideal for smaller spaces. All units up to 400,000 BTUs are approved for commercial installations.
The defining feature of the UDZ models is their design as separated combustion heaters, meaning that the air used for combustion is pulled in from the outside or another room. This process helps ensure that all air introduced to the inside of the heater is fresh and free of harmful particulates, making these heaters particularly useful in settings where chemicals are stored or frequently used, and/or humidity levels tend to be high.
The UDZ Series heaters are easy to install, secured in place from 2 or 4 suspension points or by an optional hanger kit that allows for ceiling mounting (for 30K - 125K BTU sizes). Electrical set-up is easy as well, with a low-voltage terminal strip on the outside of the cabinet that makes connecting control wiring simple with no panels to remove. All units also have a factory installed gas line nipple to the exterior of the cabinet, for easy gas service connection. The sleek new look of the UDZ Series includes a white cabinet with black powder-coated louvers as well as an angled corner for a more modern look. Of course you will still find the Reznor Logo right on the front panel but it is a bit less intrusive than you might be used to. Additionally, the UDZ Series no longer shows front or bottom hardware.
Reznor has improved the inside as well for better performance and quality of use. The “G” terminal on the strip, along with the newly designed circuit board includes a 7 segment display and allows for fan-only operation without adding relays.
- ALL UNITS Certified for commercial/industrial heating application
- UDZ30 - UDZ125 approved for residential garage/workshop heating applications (30,000 BTU - 120,000 BTU sizes)
- Interlock Door Switch - prevents operating the heater if service door panel is open
- 82 - 83% Thermal Efficient
- 50-60°F Rise range
- Hinged door with ¼ turn latch
- Improved cabinet design with removeable front face and two tone white and black powder paint
- Reznor logo embossed on bottom of unit
- Tcore² titanium stabilized aluminized steel heat exchanger
- 316 Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger or 409 Stainless Steel Heat Exchanger are available as a Special Order requiring additional Lead Time. Please call Customer Service for pricing and availability details
- T-Core2 single burner combustion system including a one-piece burner assembly
- Built-in disconnect switch
- 115/1/60 Supply voltage
- 115 Volt open fan motor with internal overload protection
- Transformer for 24-volt controls
- External status indicating LED lights
- Integrated circuit board with easy to read 7 segment display of fault codes for easy troubleshooting
- Multi-try direct spark ignition with timed lockout
- Fan relay (included on the circuit board)
- Single-stage natural gas valve (field adjustable for operation to 10,000 ft. elevation*)
- Vibration/noise isolated fan and venter motors ~ designed for low noise operation
- 2-pt and 4-pt Suspension ~ standard on all sizes
- External terminal strip for 24-volt wiring
- External gas connection
- Full fan guard ~ engineered for safety
- Improved cabinet design with less visible hardware
- Approved for installation in the United States and Canada by the Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
*Pressure Switch (197031) change required for installations above 6,000 ft.
This item replaces the UDAS-30