It is not much to look at but this set is an interface adapter that is required to connect an indoor unit to a wired remote controller. It is a required interface for use with 18K and 24K Indoor units on the Daikin 15 and 19 Series Single Zone Systems for communication between the wall unit and the Daikin BRC944B2-A08 wired thermostat, as well as the FTXN indoor units connecting to the Daikin Envi DACATS11 wired thermostat.
- Starting and stopping the air conditioner and making mode and temperature settings in the air conditioner through the wired remote controller (within a range of 18˚C to 32˚C while in cooling mode, 14˚C to 30˚C while in heating mode, but no temperature settings while in ventilation mode).
This interface does NOT support the following functions:
- Monitoring the operating conditions, occurrence of errors, and contents of errors of the air conditioner through the wired remote controller.
- Restoring the operating condition of the air conditioner to the previous condition at the time of power recovery in case of power failure.
- Group control (i.e., the control a number of indoor units through a single remote controller)
- Monitoring of the following items:
- Indoor temperature and operating conditions of thermo, compressor, indoor fan, electric heater, and humidifier
- Control of the following items:
- Forced thermo OFF, filter sign display and reset, and air-conditioner charge management
- Energy-saving reference, low-noise reference, and demand reference
Compatible indoor wall units include: