The Rinnai RLX94iN is a Natural Gas, tankless hot water heater that is part of the HE+ Series. It meets SCAQMD / California Standards for improved Ultra Lo NOx emissions (<20ppm). The HE+ Series is a non-condensing line of high efficiency tankless hot water heaters. The RLX94iN is for residential use but can also be used in commercial installations. The RLX94iN is available only for use with Natural Gas, for indoor installation. Indoor versus outdoor installation is not interchangeable and must be decided at time of purchase. Indoor installation of the RLX94iN utilizes concentric venting. With concentric venting, one pipe allows for fresh outside air in, while the other allows for exhaust to go out.
It features 192,000 BTUs and hot water delivery with a flow rate that ranges from 0.26 - 9.8 GPM. The minimum GPMs is perfect for low demand uses such as shaving, where warm water is needed but not at a high rate! It is the ideal tankless solution for a home with 3+ bathrooms. The RLX94iN is optimal for simultaneous use of 3 - 5 fixtures at one time. So 2 people can shower and get ready to go out, while someone else is washing the dishes, and not fear running out of hot water. The MC-91-2US controller is included with the water heater as part of the front panel. The standard temperature range is 98° with a maximum of 120°F. The unit offers maximum settings at 140°F (185°F commercial with MCC-91-2 controller) with field adjusted switch settings.
In a non-condensing tankless water heater, such as the RLX94iN, once you turn on the tap, cold water goes into tankless heater and the flame is activated. Water is heated as it passes through the coils in the copper heat exchanger, exits the water heater, into your pipes and up to the fixture calling for the hot water. Depending on the amount of hot water called for, the flame adjusts accordingly to heat more or less water.
Benefits of a Tankless Hot Water Heater:
- Endless hot water - Heats water as it goes through the pipes, offering endless hot water for your home (or business)
- Hot water on demand - Once you turn the water on, hot water runs through your pipes and out the faucet! Virtually no time or water is wasted waiting for the water to heat up
- Highly Efficient - Gallon for gallon, you will spend less money heating your hot water. With a tankless system the water is heated on demand rather than sitting in a storage tank. A storage tank typically heats the water intermittently throughout the day and night not only when it is needed. This unit features an Energy Factor of 0.82 (the closer to 1.0 the better)
- Long lasting - Unlike a storage tank in which the water sits in the tank all the time creating sediment and rust, a tankless water heater will last longer
- EZ Connect - Allows for connection of two units together
The Rinnai HE+ Luxury line of tankless hot water heaters includes Circ-Logic capabilities. Recirculation allows for the water in the plumbing system to provide hot water more quickly once the tap is opened, using the cold water line for recirculation. The recirculation mode is for use in residential installations only. Additional accessories such as a thermal bypass valve are required unless there is a dedicated return line installed in your home. The RLX94iN even offers WiFi Technology (Control-R WiFi Module sold separately) for remote monitoring, management and recirculation control. (Remote diagnostics and monitoring requires a monitoring dealer.) Rinnai service providers can monitor the efficiency of your tankless water heater with WiFi monitoring. Also included with the RLX94iN are isolation valves for easier maintenance and service.
With a tankless hot water heater, space is rarely an issue. A Rinnai RLX94iN tankless heater takes up about as much space as a carry-on suitcase - 22.95"h x 14.04"w x 9.27"d. They are designed to be installed on a wall with the following clearances:
|From Combustibles||From Non-Combustibles|
|Bottom / Ground:||12"||12"|
(minimum of 24"
required for servicing)
The RLX94iN is for indoor installation and requires venting. It is only available for use with Natural Gas (N). Certified for installation in Manufactured (Mobile) Homes. Complies with South Coast Air Quality Management District 14 ng/J or 20 ppm NOx emission levels.
To find a local, Rinnai-trained Advanced Comfort Expert that installs Rinnai products in your area click here.
- Fuel Type:
- Natural Gas (NG)
- Installation Type:
- Product Use:
- Residential and Commercial
- Energy Factor (EF):
- Gallons Per Minute (GPM):
- 0.26 - 9.8
- Includes Heat Pump:
- Energy Star:
- WiFi Capable:
- Direct Vent
- Overall Depth (in.):
- Overall Height (in.):
- Overall Width (in.):
- Net Weight (lbs.):
- Water Connection Size:
- 3/4" NPT
- Mobile Home Certified:
- Heat Exchanger Warranty (Residential):
- 12 Year
- Heat Exchanger Warranty (Commercial):
- 5 Year
- Parts Warranty:
- 5 Year
- Labor Warranty:
- 1 Year
- AHRI, CSA, CEC
It is recommended that you use a Rinnai Authorized Installer when installing your hot water heater. Your hot water heater includes a
- Limited 12 Year Warranty on Heat Exchanger
- 5 Year Warranty on Parts
- 1 Year Labor Warranty (extended to 5 years if registered within 30 days)
- Limited 5 Year Warranty on Heat Exchanger
- 5 Year Warranty on Parts
- 1 Year Labor Warranty (extended to 2 years if registered within 30 days)
Please note Rinnai is adjusting the language in its warranty terms and conditions currently noted in the User Installation manuals. The revised statement will read as follows: "This Limited Warranty applies only to products that are installed in the United States and Canada. Improper installation may void this Limited Warranty. It is recommended that a trained and qualified professional who has attended a Rinnai installation training class complete your installation."
All warranties will be honored as written above.