The major advantage to the FDMQ Medium Static unit is the ability for longer duct runs giving the consumer numerous installation opportunities and the ease of implementing high MERV filters. The ducted ceiling system is designed to quietly blend into the ambiance of shops, restaurants, small offices or home environments. Daikin’s ducted unit is easily concealed in a ceiling in a non-distracting way.
When paired with the inverter, variable speed compressor in a single zone application, this system will deliver the capacity required and reduce energy consumption. It features ratings of 17.8 SEER, 11.1 EER and 10.3 HSPF. These ratings will change based on use in a multi-zone application and whether that installation is using ducted only or mixed ducted and non-ducted indoor units.
The Ceiling Concealed Ducted is offered in an array of sizes to easily accommodate each rooms unique heating and cooling size requirement when utilized in a multi-zone system: CDMQ24WVJU9 (7,000) BTUs), FDMQ09WVJU9 (9,000 BTUs), FDMQ12WVJU9 (12,000 BTUs), FDMQ15WVJU9 (15,000 BTUs), FDMQ18WVJU9 (18,000 BTUs), FDMQ24WVJU9 (24,000 BTUs). All Technical specs are subject to change. Item may differ in appearance from photo above.
The slim profile of this unit, less than 10" high, allows for installation in tighter ceiling spaces than other ducted units.
- Integral lift mechanism with 29-9/16" lift
- Drain Pan inspection port makes it easy to see the drain pan conditions
- 3 Speed Fan
- Auto Fan Speed - helps with Energy Saving, Comfort and Sound Levels (available only with BRC1E73 Wired Controller, sold separately)
- Program Dry Function
- Quick Warming AND Hot Start Function
- Auto Defrost
- Auto Restart after Power Failure
- Factory-Set as rear return but can be easily converted to bottom return
- Self Diagnosis with Digital Display
- 2MXL18WMVJU9 - Can take up to 2 indoor units
- 3MXL24WMVJU9 - Can take up to 3 indoor units
- 4MXL36WVJU9 - Can take up to 4 indoor units
This unit must be installed by a qualified, licensed HVAC technician.