wall furnace installs on an inside or outside wall. It can also be installed flush to the wall or recessed (up to 4 inches) into the wall. If you plan on recessing this unit into the wall, side outlets cannot be used. The optional side (SOK-1, SOR-1) and rear (ROK-1) accessory outlets allow heat to disperse from side or the rear of furnace cabinet into adjacent rooms.
This system is installed as a direct vent system, up and out the roof, using a concentric pipe configuration. The outer pipe draws in fresh outside air, while the inner pipe exhausts the combustion gas or by-products out. It is meant for larger room heat larger areas and use a minimum amount of floor space. Heat comes out at floor level so you get even distribution of warmth throughout the room.
- Heat with gas for less than electric heat
- Sealed combustion chamber maintains indoor air quality
- Peace-of-mind safety features built into each furnace
- Front panels remove easily for cleaning and servicing
- Circulates warm air at floor level
- 74% AFUE Efficiency
The FAW-55-SPPX has a standing pilot. A thermostat is not included with this furnace. This is a 24V furnace and can be used with either a Wireless Remote Wall Thermostat (TRW) or a Wall Thermostat Millivolt Reed Switch (TMV) [each sold separately].
- Size of Flue Collar: 4" Oval
- Size of Flue with Oval to Round Adapter: 4" Round
- Minimum Vent Opening in Ceiling:
- Oval Type "B" Flue Pipe: 4-1/2" x 9-1/4"
- Round Type "B" Flue Pipe: 6 1/2" diameter
Note: This item is available in Liquid Propane (FAW-55-SPPX-LP) and Natural Gas (FAW-55-SPPX-NAT)
A licensed gas technician is required for installation of this product. Please check your local regulations as some areas may require inspection after installation of gas products. It is highly recommended that you use your own gas technician or gas provider for any repairs. Empire Comfort System warranty covers parts only, no labor.
This item replaces the FAW55SPP