KwiKool's BioKool Series is a full-featured 1 ton (13,800 BTU) portable air conditioner with air purification. It provides safe, hospital-grade supplemental air conditioning. The BioKool portable air conditioner incorporates an exclusive 4 point "air therapy" process into this medical grade unit. This 4 point process cools, cleans, disinfects and inhibits mold and microbe growth.
Recently, we have all been made to realize the importance of guarding against infection. The CDC recommends four lines of defense against infection: pressure, filtration, purification, and dilution. The combination of the HEPA filter and high intensity UV lamp work to destroy 99.97% of airborne pathogens, making it highly effective in destroying microorganisms including: virus, bacteria, and mold spores. With cleaner air, healthcare facilities can meet their primary goal of improving patient outcomes. BioKool is economical, safe, and unquestionably the most reliable way to aid in the fight against pathogens.
Balanced air pressure is key for maximum efficiency. BioKool units include KwiKool's exclusive I/O Integral Condenser Dual Ducting. Dual ducting provides isolated and balanced air pressure within the space for maximum cooling efficiency, as opposed to a single duct system which produces negative pressure. Dual ducting also helps prevent entry of outside contaminants. On the BioKool, both inlet and outlets are ductable. KwiKool offers a ceiling kit, (CK-12, sold separately) to move the hot air out into a separate space while allowing the cool air into the system. The kit is designed to take the discharge air from the unit and expel it while returning warm air into the condenser for cleaning and cooling. Balanced air pressure is a must in creating a clean environment and preventing cross contamination.
The 4 inch thick, hermetically sealed HEPA filter used in the BioKool unit, in conjunction with a high static blower, traps particulates down to 0.3 microns. As an added layer of protection, specially designed internal UVC lights are inside each air chamber. These UVC lights irradiate the evaporator coil, air stream and all internal surfaces of the evaporator chamber, killing micro-organsisms and pathogens, while still cooling the air.
Offering emergency temperature control, BioKool cleans and disinfects while cooling.
The KBIO1411 is a simple "plug and play" unit and runs on a standard 115 volt;15 amp circuit. It features an auto restart in the event of a power failure as well as an internal high lift condensate pump as well as a 5-gallon condensate tank with shut-off, giving you installation flexibility. A chute kit (KDC-12, sold separately) is installed on the front of the unit and is used to help direct the cool air into the room you need to cool.
Standard features for the KwiKool BioKool Medical Grade Portable Air Condtioner include:
- 13,800 BTUs / 1 ton cooling capacity
- Operating range of 65°F - 105°F
- High efficiency UPLA filter - filters 99.999% of particulates greater than .12 microns in size
- Internal UVC light reduces microorganisms by irradiating the evaporator coil, air stream and the internal surfaces of the evaporator chamber
- UVC light interlock switches that turn the UVC light off for access door openings
- ETL and CETL listed to UL and CSA standards
- Multi-function microprocessor control with a large, easy-to-read LCD display
- Easy-touch control pads make changing system settings a snap
- Self-Diagnostics that include audible alarm and LCD visual display readout for system fault conditions
- Input/Output Alarm Contacts for connection to building systems
- Thermostatic Expansion Valve
- Heavy duty compressor with automatic restart and short cycle protection
- Motors and compressors have overload protection
- High-pressure safety with manual reset
- Low-pressure safety with automatic reset
- Automatic freeze protection using hot gas bypass and fan cycling
- Low ambient controls
- Heavy-duty locking casters
- Rifle tube coils for efficient heat transfer
- Fully insulated, heavy duty galvanized steel cabinet with KwiKool’s exclusive E-Z Clean™ scratch-resistant attractive two-tone HammerCoat™ epoxy protective finish for optimum durability, efficiency, low maintenance and quiet operation
- Sight glass with moisture indicator
- Filter dryer for Moisture protection
- Easy access Service Door
- Shraeder service ports
- User Manual is included with unit
KwiKool BioKool - A uniquely crafted solution to provide everything medical administrators, clean room facilities, and laboratories have been searching for in a spot cooling system.
- Cooling BTUs:
- Cooling Amps:
- Energy Star:
- Plug Face (NEMA):
- Circuit Breaker Size (Amps):
- Cord Length:
- 6 ft.
- Overall Width (in.):
- Overall Length (in.):
- Overall Height (in.):
- Net Weight (lbs.):
- ETL, CETL
- Parts Warranty:
- 1 Year
- Labor Warranty: