Similar to central heating systems, the GE Zoneline Vertical Heat Pump incorporates the use of a reverse cycle defrost system. This allows the heat pump to operate at lower outdoor temperatures without frost accumulation on the outdoor coil. This helps provide owners with a cost efficient method of heating. Additionally, the outdoor coils include a corrosion treatment for added protection from the elements.
A GE Vertical Air Conditioner (VTAC or Vertical PTAC) helps you optimize floor space because the unit is concealed in a closet with an outside wall rather than out in the open. With hidden installation, the room becomes more aesthetically appealing, giving it more of an at-home appearance, with no limitations on furniture placement or window treatment installation.
Although the VTAC is still a through-the-wall installation, its footprint is only about 24" x 24" and it is hidden inside an enclosure which looks like a closet, versus a standard PTAC unit which is installed in the room taking up over 42" of floor space. The VTAC uses a wall mounted thermostat and has a top air discharge that can be ducted into one or more rooms - perfect for suite set-ups. The design of the new AZ95H models includes a one-piece design, which fully integrates with the wall plenum and aligns for a tight seal. This design eliminates the need for building a customized platform on the construction site. Additionally it uses a Quick-Install Plenum that easily installs from inside the building without the need for exterior building access (caulking required).
- Drain Platform (RAVDPLAT)
- Plenum or Transition Plenum (RAVWPT15 or RAVTRANS2, 3, 4*)
- Exterior Grille (RAVAL3)
- Return Air Panel / Access Grille (RAVRG4 / RAVRG2)
- Remote Thermostat (RAK149F2, RAK149P2, RAK180W1)
- Power Connection Kit - Supplies power to the unit as well as resistance heat (15 Amp; 2.45 kW - RAK315D, 20 Amp; 3.45 kW - RAK320D, 30 Amp; 5.0 kW - RAK330D). Your choice is included with your purchase.
- Chassis Design with Perfect Fit to Insta-Platform™ - One-piece design fully integrates with the wall plenum and aligns for a tight seal
- Self-Contained Drainage System - Easy installation and simple chassis removal while leaving plumbing intact
- Fast-Connect Plumbing - Enables platform build and rough plumbing completed in only minutes
- Quick-Install Plenum (sold separately) - Plenum is easily installed from the interior of building, without the need for exterior access
- Self-Aligning, Lock In Place Platform System - Perfect fit and mistake proof when the chassis is placed on the platform
- Onboard Electronic Error Diagnostics - Electronic controls give clear and fast diagnostics data and fault codes, for quick and easy notifications
- Reverse Cycle Defrost - Exclusive technology increases efficiency, enabling the unit to run in heat pump mode longer
- Anti-Corrosion Design - Exclusive rust-proof basepan and bulkhead provide another level of corrosion protection
- Ultra-Quiet - Delivers quiet cooling power with a smooth sound for a good night’s sleep
- SmartHQ WiFi Capability - Optional WiFi module available separately
- Enhanced energy efficiency with 11.8 EER
- Sensible Heat Ratio - 75%
- Central Desk Control Compatibility
- Corrosion Treated
- Auto Power Recovery
- Weather Protected Electrical Components
- Auto Compressor Random Restart
- Automatic Emergency Heat
- Automatic Indoor Frost Control
- Freeze Sentinel
- Heat Sentinel
- Heat Pump with Resistance Heat Backup
- Quick Heat Recovery
- Thermostat Quick Disconnect
- Boost Heat
*When replacing a previous model GE Vertical Units with the new AZ95 Series vertical air conditioner, one of three transition plenums (RAVTRANS2, RAVTRANS3, RAVTRANS4) must be used.