Out of the box, this mini split system will keep cooling with outdoor temperatures between 50°F and 115°F and will heat with temperatures as low as 5°F up to 65°F. Low ambient cooling capabilities are also available with this system. By cutting a jumper or changing a dip switch setting, this unit will cool down to 14°F (see installation manual). Additionally, by adding an optional Air Adjustment Grille or Wind Baffle (KPW937E4, sold separately), this system will cool with an extended temperature range down to -4°F. (Heating capabilities remain unchanged with these alterations and additions.)
The new FDMQ line of concealed ducted ceiling units are a medium static unit providing external pressures from 0.2" up to 0.6" w.c. on all models. This is changeable in 11 stages by the wired controller BRC1E73. A controller is not included and must be purchased separately. A Controller, either wired (BRC1E73) or wireless (BRC082A43) must be purchased separately to operate this unit.
The major advantage to the FDMQ Medium Static unit is the ability for longer duct runs giving the consumer numerous installation opportunities and the ease of implementing high MERV filters. The ducted ceiling system is designed to quietly blend into the ambiance of shops, restaurants, small offices or home environments. Daikin’s ducted unit is easily concealed in a ceiling in a non-distracting way.
When paired with the inverter, variable speed compressor (RX15RMVJU) in a single zone application, this system will deliver the capacity required and reduce energy consumption.
The slim profile of this unit, less than 10" high, allows for installation in tighter ceiling spaces than other ducted units.
- Integral lift mechanism with 29-9/16" lift
- Drain Pan inspection port makes it easy to see the drain pan conditions
- 3 Speed Fan
- Auto Fan Speed - helps with Energy Saving, Comfort and Sound Levels (available only with BRC1E73 Wired Controller, sold separately)
- Program Dry Function
- Quick Warming AND Hot Start Function
- Auto Defrost
- Auto Restart after Power Failure
- Factory-Set as Rear Return but can be easily converted to Bottom Return
- Self Diagnosis with Digital Display
The RX15RMVJU outdoor unit features quiet operation and a slim, compact design that will be relatively low-key in any outdoor installation. The outdoor unit for the FDMQ series offers a streamlined design, quiet operation and an inverter "variable speed" compressor. Many standard features are included with this unit. For efficient, quiet service, the variable speed compressor features inverter technology. Inverter technology allows the unit to scale production up or down based on the needs of the room. This decreases temperature variations, supplying you with the right amount of cooling and heating comfort.
- Precision temperature control for individual rooms
- Space-saving design
- Quiet operation
- Inverter "variable speed" compressor
- Fully optimized for R410A refrigerant, recognized as the future industry standard
- Offers world-renowned Daikin technician support and customer service
- Worry Free
- Anticorrosion Treatment of Outdoor Heat Exchanger Fin
Whether you're renovating a single room or adding on an entire wing, this mini split system's space-saving, modular design is ideal. Since a mini split does not tie into your main cooling/heating source, it can be used in many installations including detached garages, basements or sun rooms, to name a few.
Daikin stands behind its products. This system includes a 5 year parts and compressor warranty that is expandable to 12 years parts and compressor. Simply register the unit after installation by a qualified installer to extend your coverage.
- Parts: 5 Years Limited Warranty if unit is not registered / 12 Years Limited Warranty if unit is properly registered online.
- Compressor: 5 Years Limited Warranty if unit is not registered / 12 Years Limited Warranty if unit is properly registered online.
- Labor: None
The warranty for this unit is for parts only, and does not cover labor or diagnostic services. Total Home Supply will handle all warranty parts requests for any mini split purchased from us, but installation and all troubleshooting for this unit must be performed by a licensed HVAC technician. Any fees the technician may charge are not reimbursable by the manufacturer or by Total Home Supply. Please call 877-847-0050 for more details or with any questions you may have regarding warranty information and installation of this unit.