Disconnect boxes are required by code for the installation of a mini split system. The disconnect switch is located next to the mini split outdoor unit. Power is run from the main breaker box to the disconnect switch and then the switch connects to the mini split. This kit includes everything you need.
This kit includes:
- Diversitech DDS-60 Fused Disconnect Switch
- Diversitech 6-34-6NM 3/4in. x 6ft. #8 THHN Wire Whip - Non-Metallic Connectors
- Two fuses of your choice. Select the fuse based on the maximum overcurrent protection amp rating of your system.
If you are not sure which size fuse you need, contact us for assistance.
The Diversitech DDS-60 is designed to be easy to install and use. The included fuses install into the pull out handle. The terminals area is set up for simple hookup with heavy duty wiring. The door is reversible making is easy to fit into any area. It also features to easy to read indicator lights for blown fuses. The knockouts are located on the side, back, and bottom and allow for 1/2", 3/4", or 1" connections.
Fusible Disconnect Switch
- Width: 5 1/8"
- Height: 8 5/8"
- Length: 2 3/4"
- Weight: 3.3 lbs
- Metal Case with 180° opening door
- Power Rating: 60A, 10 HP Max
- Indoor/Outdoor Use
- 6 foot length
- Waterproof conduit
- 8 gauge THHN wire
- 3/4" conduit size
- Non-Metallic Connectors
- 3 conductors
- One connection is 90 degrees. The other is straight