The Rinnai V65 is part of the HE Series, a non-condensing line of high efficiency tankless hot water heaters. The V65 is for residential use only. The V65 is available in either Natural Gas or Liquid Propane and must be purchased for indoor or outdoor use*. Indoor versus outdoor installation is not interchangeable and must be decided at time of purchase. Indoor installation of the V65 utilizes concentric venting. With concentric venting, one pipe allows for fresh outside air in, while the other allows for exhaust to go out. Outdoor installation does not require venting. The V65e is for outdoor installation does not require venting. Because of extreme temperatures and exposed water lines, outdoor / exterior installation it is not recommended in locations from Virginia and north. Also keep this in mind in mountainous regions of the country where extreme temperatures may also exist.
It features 150,000 BTUs and hot water delivery with a flow rate that ranges from 0.26 - 6.5 GPM. The minimum GPMs is perfect for low demand uses such as shaving, where warm water is needed but not at a high rate! It is the ideal tankless solution for a home with a single bathroom. The V65 is optimal for simultaneous use of 2 - 3 fixtures at one time. So 2 people can shower and get ready to go out, while someone else is washing the dishes, and not fear running out of hot water. Simultaneous fixture use is directly linked to the ground water temperature. Please refer to the chart in the photos above. The MC-91-2US controller is included with the water heater. The minimum temperature setting is 98° with a maximum of 160°F. The unit offers selectable maximum settings at 120°F or 140°F.
In a non-condensing tankless water heater, such as the V65, once you turn on the tap, cold water goes into tankless heater and the flame is activated. Water is heated as it passes through the coils in the copper heat exchanger, exits the water heater, into your pipes and up to the fixture calling for the hot water. Depending on the amount of hot water called for, the flame adjusts accordingly to heat more or less water.
Benefits of a Tankless Hot Water Heater:
- Endless hot water - Heats water as it goes through the pipes, offering endless hot water for your home (or business)
- Hot water on demand - Once you turn the water on, hot water runs through your pipes and out the faucet! Virtually no time or water is wasted waiting for the water to heat up
- Highly Efficient - Gallon for gallon, you will spend less money heating your hot water. With a tankless system the water is heated on demand rather than sitting in a storage tank. A storage tank typically heats the water intermittently throughout the day and night not only when it is needed. This unit features an Energy Factor of 0.82 (the closer to 1.0 the better)
- Long lasting - Unlike a storage tank in which the water sits in the tank all the time creating sediment and rust, a tankless water heater will last longer
- EZ Connect - Allows for connection of two units together
The V65 offers WiFi Technology (Control-R WiFi Module sold separately) for remote monitoring, management. (Remote diagnostics and monitoring requires a monitoring dealer.) Rinnai service providers can monitor the efficiency of your tankless water heater with WiFi monitoring. Rinnai also recommends installing isolation valves on both the cold and hot water lines. The valve kits are optional (and available separately), however the warranty on the water heater is reduced if a valve kit is not used in installation. Installation of isolation valves allows for the ability to isolate the hot water heater from the plumbing for flushing the heat exchanger as part of the maintenance for your hot water heater.
With a tankless hot water heater, space is rarely an issue. A Rinnai V65 tankless heater takes up about as much space as a carry-on suitcase - 23"h x 14"w x 9"d. They are designed to be installed on a wall with the following clearances:
|From Combustibles||From Non-Combustibles|
|Bottom / Ground:||12"||2"|
(minimum of 24"
required for servicing)
*Indoor and Outdoor Installation are specific to the model chosen. V65eP and V65eN are for outdoor installation and do not require venting while V65iP and V65iN are designed for indoor installation and venting is required. Both installation types are available in either Liquid Propane (P) or Natural Gas (N). Certified for installation in Manufactured (Mobile) Homes.
To find a local, Rinnai-trained Advanced Comfort Expert that installs Rinnai products in your area click here.
As an added bonus Rinnai has partnered with Folds of Honor. For every Rinnai tankless water heater or boiler that is sold, a contribution is made to Folds of Honor. This provides over 50 scholarships to trade schools for the spouses and children of America's fallen and disabled service members.
- Bay Area AQMD (Reg 9, Rule 6)
- Sacramento Metropolitan AQMD (Rule 411)
- San Joaquin Valley APCD (Rule 4902)
- Santa Barbara County APCD (Rule 352)
- South Coast AQMD (Rule 1146)
- Ventura County AQMD (Rule 74-11)
- Yolo-Solano AQMD (Rule 2.37)
- Fuel Type:
- Liquid Propane (LP) or Natural Gas (NG)
- Installation Type:
- Product Use:
- Residential Only
- Energy Factor (EF):
- Gallons Per Minute (GPM):
- 0.26 - 6.5
- Not Required (Outdoor Installation)
- Built-In Re-Circulation Pump:
- Includes Heat Pump:
- Energy Star:
- Overall Depth (in.):
- Overall Height (in.):
- Overall Width (in.):
- Net Weight (lbs.):
- Water Connection Size:
- 3/4" NPT
- Heat Exchanger Warranty:
- 10 Year; 12 Year with Isolation / Service Valves Installed
- Parts Warranty:
- 5 Year
- Labor Warranty:
- 1 Year
It is recommended that you use a Rinnai Authorized Installer when installing your hot water heater. Your hot water heater includes a Residential Warranty:
- Limited 10 Year Warranty on Heat Exchanger; 12 Year with Isolation / Service Valves Installed
- 5 Year Warranty on Parts
- 1 Year Labor Warranty
Please note Rinnai is adjusting the language in its warranty terms and conditions currently noted in the User Installation manuals. The revised statement will read as follows: "This Limited Warranty applies only to products that are installed in the United States and Canada. Improper installation may void this Limited Warranty. It is recommended that a trained and qualified professional who has attended a Rinnai installation training class complete your installation."
All warranties will be honored as written above.