The AZ65H09EBM Zoneline PTAC units are equipped with factory installed makeup air system. It will deliver 25 - 50 CFMs of continuous makeup air. Its default setting is 35 CFMs. A unit such as the AZ65H09EBM will pull air into your space from the outside in an effort to replace indoor air that cannot be recirculated. This is a great option with today's newer buildings that are built much more air-tight than in the past. Frequently, makeup air is used with kitchen exhaust fans, as they tend to pull large amounts of interior air out. Fresh, outdoor air is introduced through a makeup air solution. The AZ65H09EBM incorporates the makeup air function right into the unit. It provides continuous outdoor air through the vent door and into the room. In addition to providing fresh air, it dehumidifies incoming air when the relative humidity is above 55% and outdoor temperature is above 50°F. The GE Zoneline with make-up air are also equipped to pair with occupancy sensing technology. When paired with an approved system, the unit senses when someone comes into the room and a the make-up air module turns on. Additionally, it may eliminate or reduce the need for a ducted rooftop system. A makeup air PTAC unit is not recommended for installation within two miles of coastal areas.
GE has made significant improvements to their long-trusted product, both inside and out. New Zoneline PTACs feature the same case dimensions as earlier models, but with a shallower front for an overall sleeker appearance and more usable space. On the inside, a redesigned internal structure makes the servicing process easier and faster than ever before, providing a service diagnostics report to help technicians identify problems and a ‘quick connect’ feature that allows thermostat, central desk control, and external fan set-up in just seconds.
The addition of two DC fan motors allow for quieter operation, working to reduce noise by dialing in the exact airflow needed for each heating and cooling function. A large cross-flow barrier optimizes airflow for a low, balanced sound that is hardly noticeable, while a heavy-duty, baked-on mastic barrier covers the back of the unit for superior sound insulation. In fact, with a sound transmission class of 29, GE’s Zoneline units are the quietest PTACs on the market at reducing outside noise when compared to leading competitors. A weather barrier system seal around the perimeter of the unit keeps all noise and dirt outside, ensuring a better and more comfortable environment while the PTAC is in use.
GE Zoneline heat pump PTACs are more efficient than most other leading competitors in their class, cutting any building or establishment’s monthly energy costs significantly. Every unit is programmed to balance comfort with efficient operation, and a reverse cycle defrost feature increases this efficiency by allowing the unit to run in heat pump mode longer. Specially designed heat & freeze sentinels work to prevent damage caused by overheating or freezing, prolonging the life of the unit and adding to even more energy savings in the long run.
- New, lighter color and sleeker appearance
- Easy-to-use electronic touch controls with clear LED readout provide a user-friendly experience
- Compatible with a wide variety of thermostats and energy management systems, including central desk control
- Cross-flow blower, two DC fan motors, and 'smart fan' cooling and heating keep the unit quiet and efficient
- Reverse cycle defrost prolongs heat pump operation, saving energy and money
- Backup resistance heat delivers quick heating comfort
- Rust-proof base pan comes standard on all models
- Automatic indoor frost control
- Quick heat recovery
- 3-stage heating design
- Random twist/length segment tangential blower
- Weather protected electrical components
- Weather barrier system seal
- Electronic, 7-step temperature limiting
- Heat & freeze sentinels
- Reversible louver style
- Slide-in chassis
- Fan speed control with fan cycle switch
- Auto power recovery
- 60 - 85°F temperature range
- Rigid frame, slide-out filter
- 3-position manual vent control
- 2-position discharge grille
- R-410A refrigerant
New installation requires a power cord, sleeve and a rear grille. Sleeve and grille are not included with the air conditioner (sold separately).