The FPHMR24A3A outdoor tri-zone condenser features Friedrich's Precision Inverter Technology, offering a variable speed compressor to keep up with your comfort control needs while still being energy efficient. A standard air conditioner turn off when the set temperature is achieved. An inverter system uses variable capacity to reach and maintain the set comfort level in your space.
As a tri-zone unit, the FPHMR24A3A gives you the option of adding zone comfort control to your home or office in two or three separate spaces. The outdoor unit features Low Ambient Operation making it a great year round option for heating and cooling for most of the US. It will operate in the Cooling Mode when outdoor temperatures are as low as 14°F up to 115°F. The range in which this unit will heat is equally as wide and it will heat when temperatures are as low as -13°F up to 75°F!
Features of the Friedrich outdoor unit include:
- Variable Capacity Advantages - Inverter Technology allows each system to adjust capacity and cooling output to provide only the amount of cooling needed at a given time
- Easy installation - Your system will be up and running in just a few short hours in most cases.
- DiamonBlue Advanced Corrosion Protection - Protects the outdoor coil against deterioration and extends the life of the unit especially in harsh coastal environments
- Low installed cost - Ductless systems have a clear advantage over central air conditioning when ducts are not already present
- Lower utility bills - Unlike central air conditioners that cool all the areas the same, ductless systems cool only those rooms you tell it to. No more wasted dollars on cooling unused rooms
- Ultra quiet operation - Ductless systems are in sharp contrast to other types of air conditioners where the rush of air from ducted vents can be annoying, or where compressor noise of window units can be objectionable
- Permanent installation - Unlike traditional window air conditioners, ductless split systems leave window views unobstructed. And, because it is a permanent installation, there is nothing to remove or store over the winter.
The FPHMR24A3A is an 24,000 BTU unit that has a connected capacity of up to 33,000 BTUs. A minimum of two units MUST be connected and the minimum combination or units must be at least 50% of the connected capacity, 17,500 BTUs for this unit. There are several allowable combinations of indoor units that can be connected up to the 24,000 BTU total capacity. Several indoor units are available for use with the dual zone mini-split system. Any combination of 7,000, 9,000, 12,000 and 18,000 BTU units can be used in the installation of the dual zone system.
Allowable units include Friedrich's standard wall unit, 4-way ceiling cassette as well as a ceiling concealed duct unit. These indoor units can be mixed to fit your installation requirements. Each unit works with its own remote (included with wall and ceiling cassettes) or wall controller (included with concealed duct units) allowing for individual comfort control.
Depending on your installations of non ducted, ducted, or mixed units, the FPHMR24A3A gets great energy ratings.
|Non-Ducted Indoor Units Only||12.5||22.0||11.0|
|Ducted Indoor Units Only||12.1||21.0||10.0|
|Mixed Non-Ducted and Ducted Indoor Units||12.3||21.5||10.5|
Indoor Unit Options
Standard Wall Unit (FPHMW07A3B, FPHFW09A3B, FPHFW12A3B, FPHFW18A3B) - The standard wall unit comes in a white finish and will blend quietly and seamlessly into any room decor. It is installed high on a wall. It connects to the outdoor compressor through a small opening in your wall, drilled behind the unit. The line set and wire (required, sold separately) are sent through the opening and connect to the compressor outside. A wireless remote is included for convenient operation from anywhere in the room. These units have built-in WiFi! Available in 7,000, 9,000, 12,000 and 18,000 BTUs.
Ceiling Concealed Ducted Unit (FPHFD09A3A, FPHFD12A3A, FPHFD18A3A) - Concealed Ceiling units are installed in a ceiling and hidden from view. They require ducting as well as registers. The registers allow the conditioned air to come down into the space. As an example, an 12000 BTU unit will provide comfort control up to about 600 sq. ft. A drain pump is included with this unit. A wired wall controller is included to operate each indoor unit. Available in 9,000, 12,000 and 18,000 BTUs.
Ceiling Cassette Unit (FPHFC09A3B, FPHFC12A3B, FPHFC18A3B) - A ceiling cassette installs into the ceiling and offers 4-way airflow into your space. A grille is required on a ceiling unit (included) and air is dispersed from all 4 sides of the grille. A ceiling cassette can be installed in the center of a room, allowing airflow all around. A drain pump is included with this unit as well as a wireless remote controller. Available in 9,000, 12,000 and 18,000 BTUs.
Mini Split Line Sets - Line sets are a requirement when installing a mini split system. They are the connection between the outdoor unit and the indoor units of your system. Every indoor unit needs to be connected directly to the outdoor unit with its own line set. Most Mini Split Line Sets come with flared connectors attached and are ready to install. Our line sets are offered with and without control wire and are available in various connection sizes and lengths to meet your installation needs. The line set shown in the photo does not include the control wire.
This unit must be installed by a qualified licensed HVAC technician.
- Number of Zones:
- Number of Zones:
- Maximum Number of Indoor Units:
- SEER (non-ducted indoor units):
- SEER (ducted indoor units):
- SEER (ducted & non ducted):
- Energy Star:
- Cooling Amps:
- Cooling BTUs:
- Includes Heat Pump:
- Heat Pump BTUs:
- Heat Pump Heating Amps:
- HSPF (non-ducted):
- Outdoor Unit Noise Level (dBA):
- Circuit Breaker Size (Amps):
- Operating Range - Cooling:
- 14°F - 115°F
- Operating Range - Heating:
- -13°F - 75°F
- Min. Outdoor Temp for Heat °F:
- Inverter Technology:
- Pipe Length (No Addl Refr Req):
- Maximum Pipe Length (ft.)/Zone:
- Maximum Elevation (ft.):
- Outdoor Unit Width (in.):
- Outdoor Unit Depth (in.):
- Outdoor Unit Height (in.):
- Outdoor Unit Weight (lbs.):
- ETL, ETLc
- Parts Warranty:
- 5 Years
- Labor Warranty:
- Compressor Warranty:
- 7 Years
- Max. Connected Outdoor BTU Capacity: