THIS IS THE INDOOR UNIT ONLY. IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH BOTH FRIEDRICH MULTI-ZONE AND SINGLE ZONE SYSTEMS. PLEASE SEE FRIEDRICH-FPHD093 FOR THE FULL SINGLE ZONE SYSTEM (INCLUDING THE INDOOR AND OUTDOOR UNITS).
This is the indoor unit only.
It must be used with a compatible outdoor condenser.
The FPHFD09A3A is a 9,000 BTU concealed duct indoor unit. It is compatible with both Friedrich Single Zone and Multi-Zone Pro Series Systems. As a single zone system, it is used in conjunction with the FPHFR09A3A Outdoor Unit. Technical information provided for the indoor unit, FPHFD09A3A, reflects specifications when unit is installed as part of a multi zone system. When used in a single zone application the specifications may change slightly - please see FPHD093 for specifics.
Whether you are using the indoor unit as part of a single or multi zone system, the Friedrich compressors all feature variable speed precision inverter technology. This increases the systems energy efficiency and gives you the comfort of knowing your system is running quietly outside. Additionally, these systems will operate in extreme conditions with built-in low ambient operation down to -4°F in the Cooling mode and down to -13°F in the Heating mode.
The concealed ducted ceiling units, regardless of BTUs, have adjustable static pressure by using the wire remote controller. Each indoor unit requires its own temperature controller, so each room can be set to different temperatures. In a multi zone installation, the individual units are connected to a single exterior unit.
The Ceiling-Concealed, Ducted indoor unit designed for applications where mounting above a finished ceiling is desired. The FPHFD09A3A - 9,000 BTU unit - is available for use in either multi zone or single zone (with compatible FPHFR09A3A outdoor unit) installations. The 9000 BTU FPHFD09A3A unit is typically good for medium sized rooms that are up to about 450 sq. ft. Of course, that is approximate and there are other factors that need to be taken into consideration. Other Friedrich Ceiling Concealed Ducted Units are available in several different sizes and installation applications:
- FPHFD12A3A - 12,000 BTUs - Compatible for Multi Zone or Single Zone with Appropriate Outdoor Unit
- FPHFD18A3A - 18,000 BTUs - Compatible for Multi Zone or Single Zone with Appropriate Outdoor Unit
- FPHFD24A3A - 24,000 BTUs - Compatible for Multi Zone or Single Zone with Appropriate Outdoor Unit
- FPHFD36A3A - 36,000 BTUs - Single Zone Use Only
Features of the Concealed Ceiling Ducted unit include:
Technical Specifications differ depending on whether you are installing this indoor unit as part of a multi-zone system or a single zone system. The specs shown for this item refer to installation in a multi-zone configuration.
- Wired Wall Controller with 7 Day Programmability
- Adjustable Static Pressure (Varies dependent on indoor unit BTU size)
- Cooling/Heating/Fan Mode
- Dry mode
- 3 Fan speeds
- Surge cool/heat
- 24 hour programmable timer
- Auto restart
- Control lock function on controller
- External Static Pressure (ESP) Range 0 - .40 WC
Indoor Unit can be used with any Friedrich Multi Zone outdoor unit:
- FPHMR18A3A - 2 indoor units - 24,000 BTU Connected Capacity (minimum 12,000 BTUs connected)
- FPHMR24A3A - Can take up to 3 indoor units - 33,000 BTU Connected Capacity (minimum 17,500 BTUs connected)
- FPHMR36A3A - Can take up to 4 indoor units - 48,000 BTU Connected Capacity (minimum 24,000 BTUs connected)
The Friedrich Mini Split Systems (either single zone or multi-zone) must be installed by a qualified, licensed HVAC technician. Manufacturer covers parts only under warranty. Installer is responsible for labor warranty.