The 17 Series provides energy efficient, comfort control for a single zone. This unit is a cooling system with a heat pump. Each single zone system comes complete with an indoor and outdoor unit as well as a remote. The streamlined, wall-mounted FTXB18AXVJU pairs with a quiet, compact outdoor unit (RXB18AXVJU). This unit offers 18,000 BTUs cooling capacity and 17,900 BTUs heating. It will efficiently cool a room that is about 600 - 825 sq. ft. and boasts an EER of 10.5 and a SEER rating of 17, with an HSPF of 9.
The 17-Series will cool when outdoor temperatures range from 50°F up to 115°F and will heat when outdoor temperatures are between 5°F and 65°F. It is a great option for year-round comfort in several regions of the country.
- ECO+ - operates to keep you comfortable while optimizing energy consumption - once activated, the set temperature will be adjusted automatically
- Powerful Operation Mode - when pushed, the POWERFUL button (on the remote) boosts your heating or cooling for a 20 minute period - even if it is already operating at high capacity
- Titanium Apatite Photocatalytic Air Purifying Filter - air purifying filter and deodorizing in a single unit
- Auto-Restart - system remembers the last settings and restarts when power is restored
- Auto Changeover - automatically switches between heating and cooling as required
- 5 Speed Fan plus Auto and Quiet
- Hot Start
- Auto Defrost
- Night Set Mode - the temperature rises (in cooling) or falls (in heating) to allow for a comfortable sleeping temperature all night without having to get up and change the set room temperature
- Blue Fin Protection
- Self Diagnosis with Digital Display
Daikin is the world leader in cooling technology. They include many standard features in each mini split unit. For efficient, quiet service, the variable speed compressor features inverter technology. Inverter technology adjusts the power needed with the power used. This reduces temperature fluctuations, giving you with the right amount of cooling and heating comfort. Indoors, the wall unit offers a space saving design with quiet operation.
Whether you're looking to cool a single room or adding on an entire wing, this mini split system's space-saving, modular design is ideal. Since a mini split does not tie into your main cooling/heating source, it can be used in many installations including separate areas like a garage, basement, office or nursery.
The Daikin 17 Series mini split systems come with a 5 year parts and compressor warranty that is expandable to 10 years parts and compressor as long as the unit is registered after installation.
Piping / Line Set Requirements
Weights and Dimensions
- Parts: 5 Years Limited Warranty if unit is not registered / 10 Years Limited Warranty if unit is properly registered online.
- Compressor: 5 Years Limited Warranty if unit is not registered / 10 Years Limited Warranty if unit is properly registered online.
- Labor: None
The warranty for this unit is for parts only, and does not cover labor or diagnostic services. Total Home Supply will handle all warranty parts requests for any mini split purchased from us, but installation and all troubleshooting for this unit must be performed by a licensed HVAC technician. Any fees the technician may charge are not reimbursable by the manufacturer or by Total Home Supply. Please call 877-847-0050 for more details or with any questions you may have regarding warranty information and installation of this unit.