Add to cart for special pricing!
The only do it yourself (DIY), easy to install mini split air conditioner available.
Now with Wireless-Enabled Smart Controller!
Mr Cool DIY Mini Split System is made for easy installation for the DIYer in you. To install this single zone mini split system all you need is a few hours and some regular tools. Nothing special is required. With 18000 BTUs, this system will cool a space that is about 550 - 800 sq. ft. or in terms of actual dimensions, that is a room that measures about 20' x 25' up to about 29' x 28'. The MRCOOL 2nd Generation Enhanced DIY mini splits now includes the new SmartController WiFi control module that features an easier setup process, improved functionality, and works with amazon Alexa and Google assistant, as well as access for control anywhere you have a connection. It can be used with Android or Apple smart phones or tablets.
The MRCOOL Smart Controller offers many new features:
- Global Control - Control your MRCOOL air conditioner or heat pump via your smartphone from anywhere in the world
- Weekly Scheduling - 7 day scheduling functionality helps you schedule your air comfort per your preferred settings and time
- Filter Maintenance Reminder
- Geo Fencing - Automatically turn your system on before you arrive and switch off automatically after you have left
- Usage Statistics - Keep track of your usage to control your costs helping you save energy, and money!
- Timeline of Actions - See who is using the AC and their settings
The whole system ships in two packages. The indoor unit ships with all the required hardware needed for installation including a wall template and mounting plate, wall sleeve (to send the piping and line set through your wall), a remote, SmartController and the line sets. The line set is 25' and is fully charged with R410A refrigerant. Because they are charged and sealed prior to shipping, assuming they are installed correctly, there should be no air in the lines when you turn your unit on!
The outdoor condenser is a DC inverter with variable speed technology and operates in the cooling mode down to 5°F. Gold Fin finish will help your condenser resist corrosion for years. The system features auto restart in the event of a power failure. Once power is restored, you system will be up and running with no assistance from you!
Other features include:
- Low Ambient Cooling to 5°F - perfect for server rooms, greenhouses or other applications that require cooling year round.
- Sleep Mode
- Auto Restart
- Louver Memory - horizontal louver will automatically move to the same position it was last set to.
- Leakage Detection - if your system detects low coolant, an alarm will sound to alert you and to help prevent damage to your system
- Gold Fin Anti-Corrosion
- LED Controls
- Variable 4 Speed Control
- Fan Only Option
This system uses 230 Volts and has average Cooling Operating Costs around $142/year and average heating operating costs about $382/year (as provided by AHRI).
For videos on remote usage and WiFi SmartController installation and App Usage:
How to use the MRCOOL Remote
WiFi Smart Controller Installation and Use
Using the SmartController App Usage