This direct-vent counterflow wall furnace by Williams Furnace Company is a highly efficient indoor heating unit that, operating at 40,000 BTU, works to safely distribute heat throughout any indoor space at minimal cost. It has a standing pilot and includes a thermostat and blower. It is an ideal heating solution for homes, apartments, offices, and schools. Conveniently compact - just 11 3/4 inches deep and requiring less than one square foot of floor space, it can be flush mounted or recessed into an exterior wall. With an added side outlet kit, it can even be used to heat a second room.
This unit is a direct-vent counterflow furnace, which means it utilizes outdoor air to ensure an even floor-to-ceiling heat. This heater is a great option for garages, workshops, and even bedrooms. This Direct-vent furnace must be installed on an exterior (outdoor) wall and vent horizontally out the rear of the unit. This allows the unit to draw in fresh outdoor air as well as eliminate exhaust. This also allows for doors and windows to remain closed because no interior air is used for combustion.
Counterflow furnaces operate by way of an internal blower system that, coupled with an efficient heavy-duty motor, quietly warms the air drawn from outside and and disperses heat through the bottom of the unit. Because warm air naturally rises, the heat delivered at the floor level becomes evenly disbursed throughout the entire room, for consistently comfortable interior temperatures. All wiring and controls are easily accessible from the front of the unit, including a wall-mounted thermostat that works to prevent excessive temperature swings, for added control as well as added energy/money savings. It features relay and 24-volt wiring to provide optimum safety and operation and it operates from 50°F to 90°F.
- Blower features self-cleaning air scoop design (no filter required!)
- Heavy-duty motor is cooled by centrifugally swept air stream and is equipped with self-aligning porous bearings
- Vibration-free mountings
- Equipped with four foot service cord
- Attractive, décor compatible, scratch and abrasion resistant powder-coat, soft-white finish
- Resettable vent-limit safety switch
- Automatic fan controls and safety devices
- Read owner's manual before using/installing
- Check local codes and ordinances for permitted uses
- Servicing recommended by qualified service technician
Professional installation by a certified gas technician is required for this item.
This unit is available in natural gas or liquid propane, standing pilot or intermittent ignition, and with elevation options. You can make your selection at time of purchase.
- Low Elevation (Up to 2000' above sea level) - Natural Gas - 4007732
- Elevation 2001' to 4000' above sea level - Natural Gas 4017732
- Elevation 4001' to 6000' above sea level - Natural Gas 4037732
- Elevation 6001' to 8000' above sea level - Natural Gas 4057732
- Low Elevation (Up to 2000' above sea level) - Liquid Propane Gas - 4007731
- Elevation 2001' to 4000' above sea level - Liquid Propane Gas 4017731
- Elevation 4001' to 6000' above sea level - Liquid Propane Gas 4037731
- Elevation 6001' to 8000' above sea level - Liquid Propane Gas 4057731