The only do it yourself (DIY), easy to install mini split air conditioner available.
Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Compatible with SmartController.
Mr Cool DIY Mini Split System is made for a simple and quick installation for the DIYer in you. Once the system is delivered, your installation should only take a few hours. No special tools are required. This system is Energy Star Certified boasting an SEER of 20 and an HSPF of 10. It features a cooling capacity of 23,000 BTUs and a 25,000 BTU heat pump. This system will cool about 1000 sq. ft. In terms of actual dimensions, that is a room that measures about 31' x 32' or more. The MRCOOL 3rd Generation Enhanced DIY mini splits now includes the new SmartController WiFi control module that features an easier setup process, improved functionality, and works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, as well as access for control anywhere you have a connection. It can be used with Android or Apple smart phones or tablets.
With MRCOOL's SmartController you not only get the ability to control you system with Alexa or Google Assistant, Global control let's you use your smartphone or table to operate your system. It also includes other features such as 7-day programmability and filter maintenance reminder. Additionally you can keep track of your usage to help control your costs, helping to save energy and money.
The whole system ships in two packages. The indoor unit ships with all the required hardware needed for installation including a wall template and mounting plate, wall sleeve (to send the piping and line set through), a remote, SmartController and the line sets. The quick connect line set is fully charged with R410A refrigerant and is about 25 feet long. Because they are charged and sealed prior to shipping, there should be no air in the lines, assuming they are installed correctly. DIY line sets and DIY Couplers are available to extend the 25' included line set to accommodate your installation needs. Line sets are available in 16 and 25 foot lengths with 3/8" x 5/8" connections. When adding additional length, you will also need the corresponding Coupler which includes the required communication wire. Couplers are available with 50 or 75 feet of wire to accommodate your new line length. You will need to disconnect the original 25' wire and replace with the new wire.
The outdoor condenser features Gold Fin finish to help resist corrosion. The system also features variable 4 speed compressor with inverter technology and operates in the cooling mode down to 5°F, which is perfect for areas such as server rooms and greenhouses, that need to be cooled year round. It will also operate in the heating mode down to 5°F as well.
The system features auto restart in the event of a power failure. Once power is restored, you system will be up and running with no assistance from you! Also included is access to the WiFi App for complete control anywhere you have a connection. It can be used with Android or Apple smart phones or tablets.
The MRCOOL Smart Controller offers many features:
- Global Control - Control your MRCOOL air conditioner or heat pump via your smartphone from anywhere in the world
- Weekly Scheduling - 7 day scheduling functionality helps you schedule your air comfort per your preferred settings and time
- Filter Maintenance Reminder
- Geo Fencing - Automatically turn your system on before you arrive and switch off automatically after you have left
- Usage Statistics - Keep track of your usage to control your costs helping you save energy, and money!
- Timeline of Actions - See who is using the AC and their settings
Other features include:
- Low Ambient Cooling to 5°F - perfect for server rooms, greenhouses or other applications that require cooling year round.
- Sleep Mode - automatically adjusts the temperature to maximize comfort during night time sleep. When in COOL mode, the unit will increase the temperature by 2°F after 1 hour, and will increase an additional 2°F after another hour. When in HEAT mode, the unit will decrease the temperature by 2°F after 1 hour, and will decrease an additional 2°F after another hour. After 7 hours operating in SLEEP mode, the system will switch off automatically.
- Auto Cool
- Auto Restart
- Louver Memory - horizontal louver will automatically move to the same position it was last set to.
- Auto mode feature - In the Auto mode, the system can logically choose the mode of Cooling or Heating by sensing the difference between the actual ambient room temperature and the setting temperature on the remote control.
- Leakage Detection - if your system detects low coolant, an alarm will sound to alert you and to help prevent damage to your system
- Gold Fin Condenser - Protection to resist long term corrosion
- LED Controls
- Variable 4 Speed Control
- Fan Only Option
- Follow Me Feature - by pressing the 'follow me' button and keeping the remote close to you, you tell the air conditioner to set the temperature from wherever the remote happens to be, this counteracts the tendency for the air conditioner to stop cooling or heating because the air around the unit has reached its set temperature
- Dehumidifying operation - In DRY mode, the system will reduce the humidity of the air in the room for increased comfort. The system will automatically cycle between cooling and fan only modes to dehumidify the air.
- Temperature Range - the temperature can be set within a range of 62F - 86F in 1°F increments
Cooling Operating Costs average around $152/year and heating operating costs average about $529/year (as provided by AHRI).
For videos on remote usage and WiFi SmartController installation and App Usage:
How to use the MRCOOL Remote
WiFi Smart Controller Installation and Use
Using the SmartController App Usage