The LG SmartThinQ WiFi Module consists of a Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) module and USB cord for simple plug and play setup plus the free smartphone app. And, yes, either an iPhone or Android are compatible. However, LG PWFMDD200 module is not optimized for tablets or laptops at this time.
Simply download and install the app to your phone and register, accept terms and conditions, etc and then add the WLAN module to each indoor unit. You will need one module for each indoor unit you want to control. For example, if you have a more than one system in your home, you will need a module for each system. Each indoor unit can be assigned a unique name for ease of use. Additionally, you can manage an unlimited number of connected products per single User Login.
Once everything is installed, simply follow the prompts on your phone to finalize the pairing. You must complete your initial set up at home through your home's wireless connection.
- Android Phone with Android 4.12 or higher
- Apple iPhone with iOS 8.0 or higher
This item is for use with several LG indoor units. These units include both single zone and multi-zone units.
- Ceiling Cassettes: LCN098HV4, LCN128HV4, LCN188HV4, LCN247HV, LCN367HV, LCN427HV, LMCN078HV
- Ducted Ceiling: LDN097HV4, LDN127HV4, LDN187HV4, LHN247HV, LHN367HV
- Vertical Air Handler: LVN180HV4, LVN240HV4, LVN360HV4, LVN420HV, LVN480HV
This item replaces the PCRCUDT3.