THIS ITEM IS COMING SOON! PLEASE NOTE SPECIFICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE ONCE THE ITEM IS AVAILABLE
THIS IS THE INDOOR UNIT ONLY. PLEASE SEE LV181HV4 FOR THE FULL SINGLE ZONE SYSTEM (INCLUDING THE INDOOR AND OUTDOOR UNITS). THIS UNIT CAN ALSO BE USED AS PART OF A MULTI-ZONE SYSTEM WITH COMPATIBLE LG OUTDOOR UNITS.
With 18,000 BTUs cooling and 20,000 BTUs heating capacities, the LG LVN181HV4 Multi-Position Air Handler, when connected to the corresponding LUU189HV Outdoor Compressor, has a SEER rating of 19 and an HSPF rating of 9.5. As a single zone mini split, this system is Energy Star Qualified and has an EER of 13.33.
If the benefits of having separate zones is appealing to you but the look of a traditional indoor unit of a mini-split is not, look no further. LG now gives you the opportunity to benefit from inverter technology, zone comfort control and flexibility of installation. The new ducted, vertical air handler (VAHU) is really a multi-position air handler. It offers vertical upflow and downflow (conversion kit required, sold separately) as well as horizontal left and right configurations. In addition to the 4-way installation possibilities, the LG LVN181HV4 Multi-Position VAHU is also compatible with LG Multi Zone Outdoor Compressors (Tri-Zone or more)
. When installed as part of a multi-zone system, ratings will differ.
Whether you find yourself having to replace your existing central system, you are in need of a new cooling and heating system, or you are looking to separate your home or office into specific zones, LG gives you options! The LG Multi-Position Air Handler can be used in addition to or as a replacement for your existing central system, giving you more zoning options. Also, the vertical air handler offers you the option of adding electric back-up heat. This indoor unit can be installed in a basement or attic - depending on your ducting and installation needs.
- Inverter Technology: inverter heat pump air conditioners use a variable speed compressor, rather than the constant speed found in conventional ACs. Instead of shutting off once the temperature is achieved, the inverter compressor continues to operate at a low speed to maintain the temperature. It is quieter to operate and uses less energy than conventional air conditioners
- Built-In WiFi with SmartThinQ App
- Built-In Dry Contact allows for easy integration of 3rd party thermostats
- External Static Pressure Control
- Hot Start
- Auto Restart Operation: Automatically restarts a unit to programmed setting when the electricity comes on after a power failure.
- Child Lock
- Sleep Mode
- Group Control
The interior unit includes the vertical air handler and owner's manual. A controller is required to operate each indoor unit. One is not included with the unit. Available controllers include a wired simple controller PREMTC00U, or a wired, touchscreen controller PREMTA000 (each sold separately). Wire required to connect the Indoor unit to the wired controller is not included (PZCWRC1 - sold separately).
Indoor Unit can be used with most LG Multi-Flex System outdoor unit:
- LMU24CHV - Can take up to 3 indoor units
- LMU30CHV - Can take up to 4 indoor units
- LMU36CHV - Can take up to 4 indoor units
- LMU480HV - Can take up to 8 indoor units
- LMU540HV - Can take up to 8 indoor units
- LMU600HV - Can take up to 8 indoor units
Indoor unit can also be used with several LGRed° Multi-F System outdoor units:
||Need help with your purchasing decision? We have an LG Certified Technical Service Advisor on staff to help you with any questions
This item replaces LVN180HV4.
- Air Handler Installation:
- Indoor Unit Type:
- Vertical Air Handler
- Cooling BTUs:
- Cooling BTU Output Range:
- 8000 - 24000
- Dehumidification (pts/hr):
- Includes Heat Pump:
- Heat Pump BTUs:
- Heating BTU Output Range:
- 9000 - 23000
- 640 / 580 / 480 (H / M / L)
- Fan Speeds:
- Room Size Coverage:
- Large 550 - 800 Sq. Ft.
- Min. Indoor Noise Level (dBA):
- Indoor Noise Level (dBA):
- 42 / 42 / 41 (H / M / L)
- Control Type:
- Controller Required (NOT INCLUDED)
- Line Set Liquid Line:
- Line Set Suction Line:
- Width (in.):
- Depth (in.):
- Height (in.):
- Net Weight (lbs.):
- Parts Warranty:
- 10 Years
- Labor Warranty:
The Standard Warranty Period and the Compressor Warranty Period are extended to a total of ten (10) years (the “Extended Warranty Period”) for qualified Systems that have been (a) installed by a party that has completed the Training Requirements, (b) installation is pursuant to LG’s published instructions, and (c) product is registered within 60 days of startup at https://lg-dfs-warranty.com/