The King Electric PYROBOX3 is a power distribution box that operates in conjunction with the included PYROCON12 controller / interface panel. Also included is an Upper Limit Temperature Sensor (PYROULS). Additionally, at least one PYROSENSE
sensor and PYROSB
bracket required. The PYROBOX3 is designed to work as a 4 Zone Controller. The unique staggering feature of the PYROBOX3 control box is to melt snow and ice over larger areas, without the need to upgrade your power supply. Because it operates in a staggered/sequenced method, it can melt your snow zone by zone while not allowing the previously melted section to freeze up. Up to 4 zones; 4 contactors (2p, 30A) up to 277V & 120A output to heaters
; single phase 277V Max. The PYROBOX is for use with a high demand heating system on a limited power supply source by controlling different zones.
Typical uses for the PYRO snow melting system include driveways, sidewalks, stairs, loading docks as well as other pedestrian areas and even gutters. The PYRO snow melting system consists of several integral components required for the system to work properly. In addition to the PYROBOX*, the PYROSENSE sensor and PYROSB bracket (1 of each, for each zone) and snow melting cable such as the King SC
or mat are required. PYROSENSE outdoor snow sensors, used in zone installations, each must have its own numerical mapping address. The PYRO system works by receiving a signal from a snow sensor, the contactors are activated, energizing the heating elements according to your preset DIP switches configuration. Depending on your property needs, the PYROBOX5** power box, which includes an auxiliary contact for gutter de-icing sensor, is also available.
The PYROBOX3 must be mounted indoors. The features include:
- Snow Sensor & Controller For Commercial and Residential Use
- Up to 4 Zones activation (30A each 110-240VAC)
- Non Obtrusive Adjustable Snow Sensor (sold separately)
- Integrated Fault Detector, GFCI non class A
- Logical Setting For Installer / Setup & Service
- User Friendly Interface - Programming and Adjusting
- Enclosure Protection NEMA Type 4
- Sequencing option between the zones – Allowing larger snow melting area with less available power on site (separate sensors required for each zone)
- Energy Efficient Algorithm
- Adjustable splitting time between the zones with multi configurations between zones
- Adjustable Hold-On-OFF Delay and Manual On
- Adjustable Upper and Lower Limit Temperature
- Adjust Cycle Time and Setpoints
- ETL Certified for USA and Canada
Other components required for your PYRO Snow Melting System include:
- The smart, reliable design of the PYROSENSE Outdoor Snow Sensor measures the temperature and detects snow and ice. It features a unique "igloo" shape which prevents snow from accumulating around the sensor. The PYROSENSE also includes 4 anti-nesting spikes to help keep birds from nesting on the sensor. Additionally, the sensor does not need to be uninstalled during the off-season because the sensor cap also keeps the sensing area clean of dirt and dust when not in use.
- A mounting bracket (PYROSB) is required for installing the PYROSENSE snow sensor. The mounting bracket is designed to hold the sensor securely. It also features a secure track underneath for the cable. The bracket is adjustable from 14.7 - 23.6 inches with easy to use, rectangular "holes" for securing wire ties to hold the cable. The open design of the bracket wall plate allows sufficient space for the wire/cable to pass through and into the building and includes four screw holes to secure the entire bracket the building.
None of the PYROSENSE components can operate alone. The PYRO snow melting system components are designed to work together.
* with the included controller / interface panel PYROCON12 and PYROULS Upper Limit Temperature Sensor
** PYROBOX5 - 4 Zone Controller, 4-50A/3P Contactors, 3-Phase, 600V Max +1 Zone Aux Controller, 1-30A/2P Contactor, 1-Phase, 277V Max