THIS IS THE INDOOR UNIT ONLY. IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH BOTH FRIEDRICH MULTI-ZONE AND SINGLE ZONE SYSTEMS. PLEASE SEE FRIEDRICH-FPHW183A FOR THE FULL SINGLE ZONE SYSTEM (INCLUDING THE INDOOR AND OUTDOOR UNITS.
This is the indoor unit only.
It must be used with a compatible outdoor condenser.
The Friedrich Floating Air Pro Series Wall Units feature FastPro Technology making installation and maintenance a much easier, less time consuming task. FastPro gives your HVAC technician easy access to the entire indoor unit, including piping, wire terminal, the fan and fan components. The front panel of your wall unit can be propped open with sliding bolts to keep the cover up and out of the way. If more room is needed to work, there is a slide bar than can be pushed out for a wider space. This makes installation of the refrigerant lines and wiring a much more manageable, less time consuming task for your HVAC technician. Interior parts such as the return air filters and the entire blower wheel assembly are easily removed for cleaning or servicing (away from your room of installation) and re-installed quickly. Servicing should always be left for the HVAC Technicians. FastPro also gives the technician easy access to the coils for maintenance and cleaning.
The indoor wall units in Friedrich's Pro Series Floating Air Line feature built-in WiFi and access to FriedrichGo App for wireless control as well as Google Assistant and Alexa voice commands. The FPHFW18A3B - 18,000 BTU unit - is available for use in either multi zone or single zone (with compatible FPHSR18A3A outdoor unit) installations. Other Friedrich Wall Units are available in several different sizes and installation applications:
- FPHMW07A3B - 7,000 BTUs - Multi Zone Use Only
- FPHFW09A3B - 9,000 BTUs - Compatible for Multi Zone or Single Zone with Appropriate Outdoor Unit
- FPHFW12A3B - 12,000 BTUs - Compatible for Multi Zone or Single Zone with Appropriate Outdoor Unit
- FPHFW24A3B - 24,000 BTUs - Compatible for Multi Zone or Single Zone with Appropriate Outdoor Unit
- FPHSW36A3B - 36,000 BTUs - Single Zone Use Only
The FPHFW18A3B 18,000 BTU unit is compatible with all Friedrich Multi Zone condensers. Each unit operates with its own remote control (included) or can be connected to a wall thermostat/controller. WiFi access and voice commands with Google Assistant or Alexa are also available with the new Floating Air wall units. The wall units offer optimized air flow with 4-way air swing that send the conditioned air to all corners of your space. The 18,000 BTUs will cool a pretty large room or space that is about 800 sq. ft. Factors such as windows, doors, computers and ceiling height must be factored in when calculating the BTUs you need for your specific installation requirements. The heat pump will give you 19,000 BTUs of heat. Low ambient operation includes cooling operation to 5°F and heating operation down to -13°F!
Features of the Standard Wall unit include:
- Built-In WiFi
- Create customizable, 7-day schedules (available with optional wall control only)
- Fast Pro® design for the fastest access for maintenance of any wall-mounted ductless system
- Auto Clean indoor coil
- Cooling/Heating/Fan/Auto Mode
- Surge Cool/Heat
- Natural air flow
- Ultra quiet operation
- Sleep mode
- Auto restart
- 24-hour on/off timer
- Hidden display (only visible during operation)
Interior Unit Includes:
- Wall unit
- Installation plate and hardware
- Wireless LCD remote control
- Owner's manual
Indoor Unit can be used with Friedrich 3 and 4 zone Multi Zone outdoor units:
Friedrich mini split systems, either single or multi zone, must be installed by a qualified, licensed HVAC technician. Manufacturer covers parts only under warranty. Installer is responsible for labor warranty.
- FPHMR24A3A - Can take up to 3 indoor units - 33,000 BTU Connected Capacity (minimum 17,500 BTUs connected)
- FPHMR36A3A - Can take up to 4 indoor units - 48,000 BTU Connected Capacity (minimum 24,000 BTUs connected)