This MERV-8 filter is for use with several VTAC units across brands and sizes. This filter is 20" x 20" x 1". This filter will give you additional filtration protection. By adding the MERV8 filter to the return air grille for your GE RAVRG2B, you will be further protecting excess bacteria and dust particles from even reaching the VTAC system. In comparison to a typical fiberglass dust filter, a MERV8 filter gives you a much better performing filter. Dirty filters drastically reduce the efficiency of your unit. The polypropylene fibers in the MERV8 filters do not absorb moisture so you filter stays dry without fear of mold and mildew build-up. The Filti MERV8 filters are electrostatically charged media that attract airborne particles such as dust, pollen and dirt, as well as other particles as small as 1.0 microns in diameter. Filti's MERV 8 filters are between 70 - 84.9 percent efficient for removing common household dust.
The Filti MERV8 filters are perfect for commercial filtration. They can also be used in residential applications requiring a 20" x 20" x 1" rigid filter. These MERV8 filters have double the capacity of many other furnace filters used for residential purposes. Typical filters used in residential applications are rated MERV1 through 4, which offer less than two-thirds functional efficiency versus this MERV8 filter.
The MERV8 filters are made of continuous polypropylene fibers and come in a rigid frame. The frame is a high wet-strength beverage board with diagonal support members bonded to each side of the pleat for enhanced stability. The inside of the frame is also bonded to the filter pack in order to ensure there is no blow-by. Diagonal supports are bonded to each side for enhanced stability. The pleats are further supported by a galvanized, expanded metal grid with an open area of 96%. Through the manufacturing process, the metal is bonded to the back of the filtration media to ensure the pleats remain rigid.
- Provides better IAQ (Indoor Air Quality) than standard HVAC pad or panel filters by capturing and holding more pollen, dust, and dirt
- Filtration of medium efficiency eliminates the effect of dirty air on expensive HVAC equipment and greatly reduces the need for building maintenance
- Increases life of expensive secondary filters (RIGID, CELLS, HEPAS, BAGS, etc.)
- As an alternative to standard pads or panel type filters, the product can last up to four times longer, resulting in more savings and less maintenance
Filti 20X20X1MERV8-24 includes 24 filters and they can be used with:
- GE RAVRG2B VTAC Return Air Grille
Also available in a 4 pack - Filti 20X20X1MERV8-4.
Filters should be changed every 30 - 45 days to ensure clean air for you and your guests.