LG 18000 BTU Dual-Zone Multi F Mini-Split with 7000 and 9000 BTU Standard Wall Units - Energy Star
DescriptionThe newest innovation from LG now gives you LOW AMBIENT OPERATION TO -4°F IN THE HEATING MODE! Making this a truly viable option as a primary heat source in colder climates of the country! Additionally, when the LMU18CHV is used with non-ducted indoor units only, it is an Energy Star Qualified installation.
With the ability of using two individual, separately controlled indoor units, dual-zone mini-split offers flexibility to meet your installation requirements. It is a two zone system without the need to run ducts throughout your home or office.The LMU18CHV Dual Zone System is rated for 17,000 BTU Cooling Capacity and must be connected to two indoor units. The two units chosen can total up to a maximum connected BTU rating of 24,000 BTUs. For your convenience, we have packaged the outdoor unit with one 7000 BTU and one 9000 BTU standard wall units. Packaged in this configuration, it is an Energy Star Rated system and features a SEER Rating of 21.9.Outdoor unit features include low ambient heating capabilities to -4°F and cooling to 14°F, defrost/deicing, restart delay, R-410A refrigerant, soft start, self diagnosis, test function, auto-operation, auto restart operation, low ambient operation, Gold Fin Anti-corrosion and sufficient refrigerant for charging 2 indoor units and 25' line set per indoor unit (line set sold separately).The 7000 BTUs will cool a room that is about 100 sq. ft. or about 10' x 10', and the 9000 BTUs will cool a room that is about 400 sq. ft. or about 20' x 20'. Factors such as windows, doors, computers and ceiling height must be factored in when calculating the BTUs you need for your specific installation requirements.Standard features of the LMU18CHV outdoor unit include:
Features of the 2 Standard Wall Units (LMN078HVT and LSN090HSV4) include:
- 18000 BTU Cooling Capacity Class (up to 2 indoor units at 7000, 9000 or 12000 BTU each. One 7000 BTU and one 9000 BTU units are included in this package.)
- Restart delay (3 minutes)
- Self diagnosis
- Soft start reduces power surges to electrical systems
- Auto operation and Auto restart operation
- Low ambient operation to 14°F (cooling mode)
- Low ambient operation to -4°F (heating mode)
- Gold Fin Anti-Corrosion
- Outdoor unit includes sufficient refrigerant for charging 2 indoor units at 24.6 feet each
- System will require 2 (1 per each indoor unit) 1/4" x 3/8" Line Sets for installation (not included)
The LMN078HVT indoor unit is rated for 7000 BTUs Cooling Capacity and 8100 BTU Heating Capacity. The LSN090HSV4 is rated for 9000 BTUs Cooling Capacity and 10400 BTUs Heating Capacity. Each unit includes all installation hardware needed, a wireless LCD remote, batteries, holder and holder hardware.If this package does not meet your specific needs, click here to configure a system that is right for you!This unit must be installed by a qualified licensed HVAC technician.
- Chaos Swing: Electronically controlled louvers and fan speeds create a more natural, random air flow thereby reducing temperature stratification.
- Jet Cool/Jet Heat: Operates at high speed for up to 30 minutes to quickly cool a room down to 64°F
- Self-Cleaning Indoor Coil: Drives dirt and moisture from coil surface leaving it clean and fresh smelling.
- Auto Operation (Artificial Intelligence): Provides three levels of comfort from which to choose. Temperature and fan speed will set automatically.
- Auto Restart Operation: Automatically restarts a unit to programmed setting when the electricity comes on after a power failure.
- 24 Hour On/Off Timer
- LG Smart AC WiFi compatible
Need help with your purchasing decision? We have an LG Certified Technical Service Advisor on staff to help you with any questions.
Looking for a qualified installer? Allow Preferred Contractor to help. Preferred Contractor has a nationwide network of trained mini split installers. Click here to fill out the form and get started. An HVAC expert will contact you to learn about your needs and get a quote for you whether you have already purchased the equipment or are just starting to research.
- Net Weight (lbs.)
- Number of Zones
- Maximum Number of Indoor Units
- SEER (non-ducted indoor units)
- Energy Star
- Cooling Amps
- Cooling BTUs
- Includes Heat Pump
- Heat Pump BTUs
- Heat Pump Heating Amps
- HSPF (non-ducted)
- Outdoor Unit Noise Level (dBA)
- Circuit Breaker Size (Amps)
- Operating Range - Cooling
- 14° F ~ 118° F
- Operating Range - Heating
- -4° F ~ 64° F
- Min. Outdoor Temp for Heat °F
- Inverter Technology
- Pipe Length (No Addl Refr Req)
- Max. Pipe Length/Zone (ft.)
- Outdoor Unit Width (in.)
- 34.25 "
- Outdoor Unit Depth (in.)
- 14.188 "
- Outdoor Unit Height (in.)
- 25.781 "
- Outdoor Unit Weight (lbs.)
- AHRI Certified
- Parts Warranty
- 10 Years
- Compressor Warranty
- 10 Years
- Labor Warranty
- Warranty Detail
- The Standard Warranty Period and the Compressor Warranty Period are extended to a total of ten (10) years (the “Extended Warranty Period”) for qualified Systems that have been (a) installed by a party that has completed the Training Requirements, (b) installation is pursuant to LG’s published instructions, and (c) product is registered within 60 days of startup at www.lg.com
Manuals and Guides
- Parts: 5 Years Limited Warranty if unit is not registered / 10 Years Extended Warranty if unit is properly installed and registered
- Compressor: 7 Years Limited Warranty if unit is not registered / 10 Years Extended Warranty if unit is properly installed and registered
- Labor: None
The Standard Warranty Period and the Compressor Warranty Period are extended to a total of ten (10) years (the “Extended Warranty Period”) for qualified Systems that have been (a) installed by a party that has completed the Training Requirements, (b) installation is pursuant to LG’s published instructions, and (c) product is registered within 60 days of startup at www.lg.com
The standard warranty for this unit is for parts only, and does not cover labor or diagnostic services. Total Home Supply will handle all warranty parts requests for any mini split purchased from us, but installation and all troubleshooting for this unit must be performed by a licensed HVAC technician. Any fees the technician may charge are not reimbursable by the manufacturer or by Total Home Supply. Please call 877-847-0050 for more details or with any questions you may have regarding warranty information and installation of this unit.