A high efficiency whole house media air cleaner mounts within the return air duct, usually found next to the furnace blower compartment. Air from your home passes through the media air cleaner where particles get trapped in the fibers. Only clean air is allowed to pass through into your cooling and heating system. The use of a high efficiency media filter/whole house air cleaner means you have cleaner air with fewer airborne particles including dust and smoke. Whether you have a gas, oil, or electric forced air furnace, installation of the media air cleaner is possible. Installation on a compressor cooling up to 5 tons is also possible. The Honeywell Media Air cleaner comes in several sizes. The F100F2028 uses a 16" x 20" filter. This unit is recommended as a basic minimum air quality product. It has a MERV 11 Rating.
The filter on the air cleaner is longer lasting than a standard furnace filter. It will need to be changed only once or twice a year versus a regular furnace filter that may need to be changed monthly. Changing the filter is easy - simply open the door, slide the old filter out and slide in a new filter.
- MERV 11 versus Standard 1" Filter (MERV 1-4 Rating)
- Particles 0.3-1 Microns: 32% vs 0-5%
- Particles 1-3 Microns: 72% vs 5-15%
- Particles 3-10 Microns: 96% vs 10-20%
Can easily be upgraded to a higher performance model. The F200 features a MERV 13 filter with even higher percentages of particle removal or the electronic F300 air cleaner.
- Rugged zinc-coated, roll-formed cabinet resists corrosion and can support weight of residential furnace and evaporator coil
- Duct Size: 16 in. x 20 in.
- Airflow Capacity (cfm): Maximum-- 1200 cfm
- Static Pressure Drop (in. w.c.): 0.23 at 500 FPM
- Approvals, Underwriters Laboratories Inc.: Filter Element: UL Listed, UL900, Class 2