The CTXG12QVJUW Emura Indoor Wall Unit features a 12000 BTU cooling capacity and a 15000 BTU heat pump. When installed in a non-ducted configuration with any of the compatible 2 and 3 port multi-zone systems, it is Energy Star Rated. It has a sleek, newly designed look versus other Daikin wall units currently available in the US. While Emura has been available in the UK for several years, Daikin is now bringing it to the North American market. The Emura wall unit is a beautiful addition to any space. The sleek European design of this wall unit features a curved and tapered front design. Not only has Daikin redesigned the look of the indoor wall unit, they have incorporated many technological advances into the unit!
The Emura line of indoor units features the ability to control your unit from anywhere in the world with their Comfort Control App. With the addition of the BRP072A43 adapter (sold separately) in combination with your tablet or smart phone, and WiFi connection, you can turn your system on or off and adjust the temperature. It is nice to know that your space will be comfortable when you arrive home while not wasting energy while you are away. Of course the app also works from your couch! The Comfort Control App is available for use with either iOS or Android devices.
The Emura also features a two-area intelligent eye. The 2-area sensor controls your comfort levels in two ways. First, if the room is empty or there is no movement for 20 minutes, it will automatically change the set point to start saving energy. If it senses movement or someone enters the room, it will return to the original set point. Second, it also directs the airflow away from people in the room to help avoid cold drafts.
The Daikin Emura combines both vertical and horizontal auto-swing to create even air distribution throughout the entire space - even the corners. This also helps eliminate stratification.
Like all Daikin mini-splits, the new Daikin Emura wall unit connects to the outdoor unit via copper piping/line sets to heat and cool your room or zone. These lines open into a small three-inch opening through a wall or ceiling.
A Multi-Monitor Lamp hidden on the bottom of the unit changes color depending on the operation your unit is in. It is an easy way to see what mode your system is operating.
The Emura wall unit works in combination with the Daikin Multi-Zone outdoor units. So, whether you're enhancing a single room or adding on an entire wing, the system's space-saving, modular design is ideal for set-apart areas like a garage office or nursery.
The list of standard features for the Emura wall unit is all-encompassing:
- Quick and easy duct-free installation
- Wireless Remote Control
- WiFi compatible with BRP072A43 adapter (sold separately)
- 2-Area Intelligent Eye - can be enabled or disabled
- Power-airflow dual flaps
- Wide-angle louvers (vertical blades)
- Auto-swing (up and down as well as left to right)
- 3-D Airflow - includes vertical vane movement only, horizontal vane movement only or combined vertical and horizontal vane movement - all controllable by the remote - no need for manual adjustments
- Comfort Airflow - horizontal flap position in the cooling mode to prevent direct airflow onto the body and vertical flap position directed downward to direct warm air to the floor
- Quiet operation
- Inverter "variable speed" compressor
- Automatic Operation
- Program Dry Function
- Auto Fan Speed
- Hot Start
- Wipe Clean Flat Panel
- 24 Hour On/Off Timer
- Night Set Mode
- Auto Restart after Power Failure
- Self Diagnosis
- Right or Left Side Drain
The standard heating and cooling operating range varies depending on the outdoor unit you choose.
- When used with the Aurora MXL 2 and 3-port units, the heating range is between -13°F and 60°F while the cooling range is from 14°F - 115°F.
- When used with the MXS 2, 3 or 4-port units, the heating range is between 5°F and 60°F while the cooling range is from 14°F - 115°F.
Can be used with Daikin Multi-Zone Systems:
This unit must be installed by a qualified, licensed HVAC technician.
Parts Warranty: 5 Years Limited Warranty if unit is not registered / 12 Years Limited Warranty if unit is properly registered online.