Bradford White RG250H6N 48 Gallon High Input Atmospheric Vent Water Heater, Natural Gas
DescriptionIs your hot water heater is more than 10 years old? It might be time to consider a new one. The lifespan of a conventional storage hot water heater is between 10 and 15 years. After all those years of service, sediment build-up and corrosion inside the tank can take their toll. There is no better replacement than a Bradford White Hot Water Heater.
The Bradford White RG250H6N is a high input BTU hot water heater. It features 65,000 BTUs and is 60 inches tall from the floor to the Flue Connection and the jacket diameter is 22" wide with a 48 gallon capacity. This hot water heater has a First Hour Rating or First Hour Delivery of 110 gallons.Basically, the First Hour Rating means how much hot water the hot water heater can deliver in an hour of use, starting with a fully heated tank. It does not mean that the hot water will last for one hour. As the cold water enters the tank it is heated, the faster you use your hot water, the faster your water will become tepid and then cold. However, depending on your temperature set point and your household's water use you can calculate how much hot water you need during your busiest hour. As you use the water in the tank, it is continuously being replenished and heated.The Energy Factor (EF) is used to determine the energy efficiency of the hot water heater. Recover efficiency, stand-by loss and cycling loss are all included in the energy factor. Typically, the higher the energy factor, the more efficient the water heater. Cost of fuel however, will have an impact on annual operating costs.You can calculate your peak hour usage with this simple chart:
of Hot Water
During 1 Hour
in 1 Hour
Shower (10 minutes)
Bath(Standard 60" x 30" x 14")
Hand Dishwashing or
=A high Input hot water heater such as the RG250H6N would be ideal for a busy household that has several people with the need of more than 1 shower or bath at a time. An example of a 111 gallon peak demand might look like this:
This household would probably want a hot water heater with a first hour rating of between 109 and 113 gallons.Another important feature when choosing a hot water heater is the Recovery Rise. A 90° recovery rise for this tank is about 43 minutes. In other words, when the cold water enters the hot water tank, it will take just about three quarters of an hour to rise 90° inside the tank. All Bradford White hot water heaters are NAECA Compliant.Bradford White water heaters feature the ICON Control System on all Residential and Light Duty Commercial Water Heaters. Benefits of the ICON System include:
- 5 showers (10 x 5 = 50 gallons)
- 2 baths (15 x 2 = 30 gallons
- 1 shaves (2 x 1 = 2 gallons)
- 1 meal prep (4 x 1 = 4 gallons)
- 3 hand dishwashing (4 x 3 = 12 gallons)
- 1 dishwasher run (6 x 1 = 6 gallons)
- 1 load of laundry (7 x 1 = 7 gallons)
- Enhanced Performance
- Advanced Temperature Control System - A microprocessor constantly monitors and controls burner operation to maintain consistent and accurate water temperature levels
- Intelligent Diagnostics for installers with status indicator
- Green LED
- Separate Immersed Thermowell - No need to drain the tank when removing or replacing the gas valve
Vitraglas® The World's Best Enamel Tank Lining: Bradford White water heater tanks are protected from the corrosive effects of hot water by an exclusive enamel lining. The exclusive Vitraglas enamel lining is uniquely formulated and applied to the interior of the water heater tank.
Our test results prove that Vitraglas provides unsurpassed protection against failure when compared to other water heater linings.
The Bradford White RG250H6N meets National Appliance Energy Conservation Act (NAECA) requirements.Standard Features:
- Advanced ScreenLok Technology Flame Arrestor Design
- Resettable thermal switch
- Maintenance free
- Pedestal base
- Sight window
- Factory installed Hydrojet®2 Total Performance System - Cold water inlet sediment reducing device helps prevent sediment build up in tank. Increases first hour delivery of hot water while minimizing temperature build up in tank.Specifically designed for higher input applications.
- Vitraglas lining
- 3/4" NPT factory installed dielectric waterway fittings
- Protective magnesium anode rod
- 3/4" NPT side connections for space heating
- 4" Snap-lock draft diverter
- T&P relief valve included
- Brass drain valve
- 2" non-CFC foam insualtion
- Atmospheric Venting - venting is through the roof
- 5 showers (10 x 5 = 50 gallons)
- Capacity (Gallons)
- Fuel Type
- Natural Gas (NG)
- BTU Input
- First Hour Delivery Rating (Gal.)
- Energy Factor (EF)
- Includes Heat Pump
- Energy Star
- Overall Depth (in.)
- 22 "
- Overall Height (in.)
- 60 "
- Overall Width (in.)
- 22 "
- Net Weight (lbs.)
- Water Connection Size
- 3/4" NPT
- Warranty Detail
- 6 Year Limited Warranty on Tank and Component Parts
Manuals and Guides
- A - Floor to Flue Connection: 60"
- B - Jacket Dimensions: 22"
- C - Vent Size: 4"
- D - Floor to T&P Connection: 49 15/16"
- E - Floor to Gas Connection: 13"
- F - Floor to Top of Heater: 56 5/8"
- H - C/L of Water Connection: 11"
- J - Floor to Water Connection: 57 7/8"
- K - Depth: 26"
- L - Floor to Space Heating Inlet: 13 1/2"
- M - Floor to Space Heating Outlet: 49 15/16"
- N - NPT: 3/4"