Bradford White RG1PV40S6X 40 Gallon, Power Vent Water Heater, Liquid Propane
DescriptionWe offer hot water heater options for you even if you have liquid propane as you main fuel source. With the ability to vent horizontally or vertically using 2" or 3" PVC, ABS or CPVC pipe, you can vent this liquid propane, 40 gallons hot water heater through the wall or through the roof. This Bradford White model is power vented for positive exhaust.The Bradford White RG1PV40S6X is a short hot water heater. A shorter tank height means a wider diameter. This tank is 57 5/16" from the floor to the Vent Connection and the jacket diameter is 20" wide. Featuring an input of 38,000 BTUs, this hot water heater has a First Hour Rating or First Hour Delivery of 72 gallons.Basically, the First Hour Rating means how much hot water the hot water heater can deliver in an hour of use, starting with a fully heated tank. It does not mean that the hot water will last for one hour. As the cold water enters the tank it is heated, the faster you use your hot water, the faster your water will become tepid and then cold. However, depending on your temperature set point and your household's water use you can calculate how much hot water you need during your busiest hour. As you use the water in the tank, it is continuously being replenished and heated.The Energy Factor (EF) is used to determine the energy efficiency of the hot water heater. Recover efficiency, stand-by loss and cycling loss are all included in the energy factor. Typically, the higher the energy factor, the more efficient the water heater. Cost of fuel however, will have an impact on annual operating costs.You can calculate your peak hour usage with this simple chart:
of Hot Water
During 1 Hour
in 1 Hour
Shower (10 minutes)
Bath(Standard 60" x 30" x 14")
Hand Dishwashing or
=An example of a 74 gallon peak demand might look like this:
This household would probably want a hot water heater with a first hour rating of between 72 and 76 gallons.Another important feature when choosing a hot water heater is the Recovery Rise. A 90° recovery rise for this tank is about 41 minutes. In other words, when the cold water enters the hot water tank, it will take just about three quarters of an hour to rise 90° inside the tank. All Bradford White hot water heaters are NAECA Compliant.
- 3 showers (10 x 3 = 30 gallons)
- 2 bath (15 x 2 = 30 gallons)
- 1 meal prep (4 x 1 = 4 gallons)
- 1 hand dishwashing (4 x 1 = 4 gallons)
- 1 dishwasher run (6 x 1 = 6 gallons)
The Bradford White Defender Safety System is designed to be the safest, most reliable flammable vapor ignition resistant system in the industry meeting all the requirements set forth by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). The Defender Safety System features ScreenLok Technology flame arrestor. The louvered flame arrestor design increases the speed of incoming combustion air and creates a vector effect inside the combustion chamber when flammable vapors are ignited, preventing flames from traveling back through the flame arrestor and outside the water heater. Other features include Resettable thermal switch, virtually maintenance free.
ICON Control System is included on all Bradford White Residential and Light Duty Commercial Water Heaters. Features of the ICON System include:
- Advanced Temperature Control System - A microprocessor constantly monitors and controls burner operation to maintain consistent and accurate water temperature levels
- Exclusive Performance Software
- Intelligent Diagnostics for installers with status indicator
- Millivolt Powered - No external electricity required
- Separate Immersed Thermowell - No need to drain the tank when removing or replacing the gas valve
- Integrated Piezo Igniter
Vitraglas® The World's Best Enamel Tank Lining: Bradford White water heater tanks are protected from the corrosive effects of hot water by an exclusive enamel lining. The exclusive Vitraglas enamel lining is uniquely formulated and applied to the interior of the water heater tank.
Our test results prove that Vitraglas provides unsurpassed protection against failure when compared to other water heater linings.
The Bradford White RG1PV40S6X is in compliance with the new Energy Factor requirements for water heater manufacturers set forth by the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act (NAECA) that go into effect April 16, 2105. There are no new code requirements for consumers at this time.
- Standard Features:
- Advanced ScreenLok® Technology Flame Arrestor design
- Resettable thermal switch
- Maintenance free
- Pedestal base
- Sight window
- Powerful blower motor
- Factory installed Hydrojet® Total Performance System - Cold water inlet sediment reducing device helps prevent sediment build up in tank. Increases first hour delivery of hot water while minimizing temperature build up in tank.
- 1" Non-CFM Foam Insulation
- ICON Features:
- Enhanced Performance
- Advanced Temperature Control System
- Intelligent Diagnostics
- Pilot On Indication
- Green LED
- Separate Immersed Thermowell
- Power Venting - venting can be horizontally, through the wall or vertically, through the roof
- 3 showers (10 x 3 = 30 gallons)
- Capacity (Gallons)
- Fuel Type
- Liquid Propane (LP)
- BTU Input
- First Hour Delivery Rating (Gal.)
- Energy Factor (EF)
- Includes Heat Pump
- Energy Star
- Power Vent
- Overall Depth (in.)
- 27.875 "
- Overall Height (in.)
- 57.313 "
- Overall Width (in.)
- 20 "
- Net Weight (lbs.)
- Water Connection Size
- 3/4" NPT
- Warranty Detail
- 6 Year Limited Warranty on Tank and Component Parts
Manuals and Guides
- A - Floor to Vent Connection: 57 5/16"
- B - Jacket Dimensions: 20"
- C - Vent Size: 2" or 3"
- D - Floor to T&P Connection: 40"
- E - Floor to Gas Connection: 11 3/4"
- F - Floor to Top of Heater: 47 1/2"
- H - C/L of Water Conn.: 8"
- J - Floor to Water Connection: 49"
- K - Depth: 27 7/8"