A direct-vent fireplace is a sealed fireplace system. It is installed into a wall and vents either through the top or rear. This Superior Merit Series comes complete with a black painted interior, black crushed glass media and Electronic Ignition System (with battery back-up) and is rear vented
. The fireplace is concealed and features standard tempered glass with barrier screen that meets 2015 requirements. It boasts a clean, full view face with a heat-circulating design.
It comes standard with a painted black interior but you can opt to add a ceramic buff stacked brick liner. A blower and remote can also be purchased separately.
Because it is a gas direct vent fireplace, it will operate during a power outage. If you have a blower, however, the blower will not operate.
This fireplace uses 4.5"/7.5" Secure Vent Rigid and Flex Direct Vent Components. A termination kit is required to finish off the outside of your system.
Gas Pressure Requirements:
- Inlet Gas Supply Pressure: 11.0" WC (Min.); 13.0" WC (Max.)
- Manifold Gas Supply Pressure (10.0" WC
- 3/8" NPT Threads
This direct vent fireplace is a rear vent electronic ignition system for use with propane gas, It is also available in many other configurations depending on your needs:
- Top Vent:
- Superior DRC2033TMN - Top Vent, Millivolt System, Natural Gas
- Superior DRC2033TMP - Top Vent, Millivolt System, Liquid Propane
- Superior DRC2033TEN - Top Vent, Electronic Ignition System, Natural Gas
- Superior DRC2033TEP - Top Vent, Electronic Ignition System, Liquid Propane
- Rear Vent:
- Superior DRC2033RMN - Rear Vent, Millivolt System, Natural Gas
- Superior DRC2033RMP - Rear Vent, Millivolt System, Liquid Propane
- Superior DRC2033REN - Rear Vent, Electronic Ignition System, Natural Gas
Professional installation by a certified gas technician is required. Models using Propane Gas must be operated with a 100 lb or larger tank and an external regulator with an output of 11 - 13" WC must be used.