General Electric AZ85H09DAC 9000 BTU Zoneline VTAC with Heat Pump and Backup Electric Heat
Free Shipping on all Orders!
DescriptionThe GE Zoneline Vertical Packaged Terminal Heat Pump has excellent COP (Coefficient of Performance) ratings. This is the measurement of the efficiency of the heat pump output compared to electric resistance heat. In addition to comparing heat pump output versus electric heat, this number also allows a direct comparison to other heat pumps with the same range capacity.
Similar to central heating systems, the GE Zoneline Vertical Heat Pump incorporates the use of a reverse cycle defrost system. This allows the heat pump to operate at lower outdoor temperatures without frost accumulation on the outdoor coil. This helps provide owners with a cost efficient method of heating.
This GE Vertical PTAC features a heat pump and offers 8600 / 8800 BTUs for cooling and 8000 / 8200 BTUs when operated as a Heat Pump. It is also equipped with 3 fan speeds. Featured on this unit is the Quick Heat Recovery System.The heat pump incorporates a two stage heat/one stage cooling thermostat that utilizes the resistance heat to bring the room temperature to within 2 degrees of the thermostat set point before initiating the heat pump operation. This helps bring the room up to temperature quickly and allowing for warmer air to be discharged when the heat pump kicks in.
Because the unit is concealed in a closet (with an outside wall) rather than out in the open, a GE Vertical Air Conditioner (also know as VTAC, ZVAC or Vertical PTAC) optimizes floor space in your guest suites. With hidden installation, the room takes on more of an at-home appearance, with no limitations on furniture placement or window treatment installation.
Although the Vertical PTAC is still a through-the-wall installation, its footprint is only about 24" x 24" and hidden inside an enclosure which looks like a closet, versus a standard PTAC unit which is installed in the room taking up over 42" of floor space. The ZVAC uses a wall mounted thermostat and has a top air discharge that can be ducted into one or more rooms - perfect for suite set-ups.With your choice of power connection kits, you choose the amount of heat resistance needed for your application. A power connection kit is required for this unit and they are available in 3 sizes - 15 amps (2.2/2.6 kW electric heat), 20 amps (2.9/3.4 kW electric heat) and 30 amps (4.1/4.8 kW electric heat).
- Excellent efficiency and dehumidification
- Unique sleeve design for easier installation and service
- Three-way slide out chassis for service and maintenance flexibility
- Electronic Temperature Limiting (requires room air temperature accessory - RAVRMS)
- Freeze Sentinel (requires room air temperature accessory kit - RAVRMS): Protects unoccupied rooms from becoming extremely cold.
- Constant ON fan (required in nursing homes in some states)
- Permanently Lubricated Fan Motors
- Standard Size Air Filter (Field Supplied)
- Central Desk Control Capability
- Occupancy Sensor Interface
- HI and LOW fan speeds controlled by remote thermostat
- 3-Speed Indoor Fan Motor for selectable HI and LOW speeds
- Corrosion Protection Treatment Standard: Metal components are protected against corrosive environments - specifically coastal regions. The outdoor coil, entire base pan and other components are coated and protected.
- Slinger Ring Condensate Removal
- Indoor Frost Control
- Automatic Compressor Random Restart
- Compressor Restart Delay
- Quick Heat Recovery (on heat pump units)
- Extended Heat Pump Operation
- Reverse Cycle Heat Pump Defrost
- Cooling BTUs
- Cooling Amps
- 4.3 / 4.5
- Cooling Watts
- Dehumidification (pts/hr)
- Includes Heat Mode
- Heat Type
- Heat Pump with Back-Up Electric
- Heat Pump BTUs
- Heat Pump Heating Amps
- 3.4 / 3.6
- Heat Pump Heating Watts
- 261 / 310 (L / H)
- Energy Star
- Circuit Breaker Size (Amps)
- Vent Location
- Ducted into room
- Room Size Coverage
- Medium 300 - 525 Sq. Ft.
- Fan Speeds
- Energy Saver Mode
- Control Type
- 24 Hour ON/OFF Timer
- Remote Control
- Fresh Air Intake
- Sleep Mode
- Sleeve Required for Install
- Overall Width (in.)
- 23.125 "
- Overall Depth (in.)
- 23.125 "
- Overall Height (in.)
- 32.25 "
- Net Weight (lbs.)
- Parts Warranty
- 5 Years
- Labor Warranty
- 1 Year
- Compressor Warranty
- 5 Years
- Warranty Detail
- Warranty: Limited One Year Warranty, Limited Additional Four Year Sealed Refrigerating System Warranty and Limited 2nd - 5th Year Parts Warranty.
Manuals and Guides
Electric Heat Data
230/208 Volts Line Cord Connected Units Power Connection RAK3152 RAK3202 RAK3302 Heater kW 2.61/2.19 3.42/2.87 4.81/4.07 Watts 2550/2090 3450/2820 5000/4090 Heater Amps 11.0/10.0 15.0/13.6 21.7/19.7 Minimum Circuit 15 20 30 Recommended Protective Device 15 Amp Time Delay Fuse or Breaker 20 Amp Time Delay Fuse or Breaker 30 Amp Time Delay Fuse or Breaker Plug Configuration Tandem 15 Amp, 6-15P Perpendicular 20 Amp, 6-20P Large Tandem 30 Amp, 6-30P