General Electric AZ85H18DAC 18000 BTU Class Zoneline VTAC with Heat Pump and Backup Electric Heat
Free Shipping on all Orders!
DescriptionThe GE Zoneline Vertical Packaged Terminal Heat Pump has excellent COP (Coefficient of Performance) ratings. This is the measurement of the efficiency of the heat pump output compared to electric resistance heat. In addition to comparing heat pump output versus electric heat, this number also allows a direct comparison to other heat pumps with the same range capacity.
Similar to central heating systems, the GE Zoneline Vertical Heat Pump incorporates the use of a reverse cycle defrost system. This allows the heat pump to operate at lower outdoor temperatures without frost accumulation on the outdoor coil. This helps provide owners with a cost efficient method of heating.
This GE Vertical PTAC features a heat pump and offers 17400 / 17700 BTUs for cooling and 16300 / 16700 BTUs when operated as a Heat Pump. It is also equipped with 3 fan speeds. Featured on this unit is the Quick Heat Recovery System. The heat pump incorporates a two stage heat/one stage cooling thermostat that utilizes the resistance heat to bring the room temperature to within 2 degrees of the thermostat set point before initiating the heat pump operation. This helps bring the room up to temperature quickly and allowing for warmer air to be discharged when the heat pump kicks in.
A GE Vertical Air Conditioner, also know as a VTAC, ZVAC or Vertical PTAC, can be the perfect comfort control solution for your guest rooms. A VTAC is installed inside of a utility closet taking up only about two square feet of floor space and offering the ability of ducting into two room - perfect for a suite set-up. With the air system hidden in a closet, your guest may feel more at home. No additional floor space is used, the windows are easily accessible, the drapes don't blow around and the unit operates quietly behind a closed, locked door. A thermostat is mounted on the wall allowing guests complete access to their preferred temperature.All GE VTACs require a power cord. Standard power cords or universal hardwire kits also supply the unit with electric back-up heat. They are available in 3 amperages - 15, 20 and 30 amps. A 15 amp cord uses a tandem plug and will supply you with a 2.1 kW backup heater. A 20 amp cord uses a perpendicular plug and supplies 2.8 kW backup heat, and the 30 amp cord uses a large tandem plug and supplies 4.1 kW of backup heat.
- Excellent efficiency and dehumidification
- Unique sleeve design for easier installation and service
- Three-way slide out chassis for service and maintenance flexibility
- Electronic Temperature Limiting (requires room air temperature accessory - RAVRMS)
- Freeze Sentinel (requires room air temperature accessory kit - RAVRMS): Protects unoccupied rooms from becoming extremely cold.
- Constant ON fan (required in nursing homes in some states)
- Permanently Lubricated Fan Motors
- Standard Size Air Filter (Field Supplied)
- Central Desk Control Capability
- Occupancy Sensor Interface
- HI and LOW fan speeds controlled by remote thermostat
Protection Treatment Standard: Metal components are protected against
corrosive environments - specifically coastal regions. The outdoor coil,
entire base pan and other components are coated and protected.
- Slinger Ring Condensate Removal
- Indoor Frost Control
- Automatic Compressor Random Restart
- Compressor Restart Delay
- Cooling BTUs
- Cooling Amps
- 8.3 / 9.0
- Cooling Watts
- Dehumidification (pts/hr)
- Includes Heat Mode
- Heat Type
- Heat Pump with Back-Up Electric
- Heat Pump BTUs
- Heat Pump Heating Amps
- 7.2 / 7.9
- Heat Pump Heating Watts
- 475 / 550 (L / H)
- Energy Star
- Circuit Breaker Size (Amps)
- Vent Location
- Ducted into room
- Room Size Coverage
- Large 550 - 800 Sq. Ft.
- Fan Speeds
- Energy Saver Mode
- Control Type
- 24 Hour ON/OFF Timer
- Remote Control
- Fresh Air Intake
- Sleep Mode
- Sleeve Required for Install
- Overall Width (in.)
- 23.125 "
- Overall Depth (in.)
- 23.125 "
- Overall Height (in.)
- 32.25 "
- Net Weight (lbs.)
- Parts Warranty
- 5 Years
- Labor Warranty
- 1 Year
- Compressor Warranty
- 5 Years
- Warranty Detail
- Warranty: Limited One Year Warranty, Limited Additional Four Year Sealed Refrigerating System Warranty and Limited 2nd - 5th Year Parts Warranty.
Manuals and Guides
Electric Heat Data
230/208 Volts Line Cord Connected Units Power Connection RAK3152 RAK3202 RAK3302 Heater kW 2.61/2.19 3.42/2.87 4.81/4.07 Watts 2550/2090 3450/2820 5000/4090 Heater Amps 11.0/10.0 15.0/13.6 21.7/19.7 Minimum Circuit 15 20 30 Recommended Protective Device 15 Amp Time Delay Fuse or Breaker 20 Amp Time Delay Fuse or Breaker 30 Amp Time Delay Fuse or Breaker Plug Configuration Tandem 15 Amp, 6-15P Perpendicular 20 Amp, 6-20P Large Tandem 30 Amp, 6-30P